[FIXED ON LIVE 1.19.8.0] You are missing packages that are essential to run Microsoft Flight Simulator. Please update the application and try again

Looks like a fix has made it into the new build 1.19.8.0. Hopefully this bug is definitely gone for good now!!

Still no Skypup so broken still

Updated, everything is still working so far.

1 Like

Hi Seems to be ok for me as well but ATC altitudes announcements which are still messy during descent and the never ending baro at 29.92. Apart from that I did not notice any further bug. Landscapes ok aircrafts behaviour ok (But CJ4 WorkingTittle which is likely to need a fix in order to cope with the new ASOBO update). I would say that they did the job. Thks to them.
Flew LSGG to LSZH (Which I did several times in real life) yesterday and really impressed by the quality of the views.

Good to hear.

Yeah, thanks Asobo, it only took you how many weeks ? 6 weeks ? Without helping anyone in your ticketsystem !

The C152 and TBM are still missing for me in the Content Manager, but I still can remove them out of the file system and they will get re-downloaded.

I compared the version number from the manifest.json file before and after, looks like this time there was no update to both planes, fingers crossed it will still work for me next time they do get updated.

Amazing that you are still missing both aircrafts. I got them without any problem. Would it be possible that some bugs are induced by our own installation/set up or possible anti virus ?
Did you try to download after closing yours ? So far I did not have to close mine anyway and everything went well as far as download is concerned.
I mean I don’t have any specific idea but trying to find out.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

you found where MSFS hides the binding profiles. Backup these if ever there is a major cloud crash.

I’ve obviously just wasted my money on this ■■■■ sim, I think it’s about time to move to xplane :frowning:

its obviously not a good start into the community :wink:

Usually , in case you have an issue where you want to ask for help, starts with a post which describe us your issue, some addtional data and what you already tried to fix it.

In case you not want to ask for help, just want to discuss more general topics, the blue category might be the better choice.

1 Like

I agree. I didn’t feel the need to explain my issues as there are already tons of people that are not able to start FS because of upgrade requirements that do not exist in MS Store. So if MS is reeding these comments they can note that I’m in the process of requesting my money back as MS has deliberately made it impossible to play the sim and at this point, xplane is the only option. It would probably be a lot worse if it wasn’t for this awesome community.

hmm, Ì thought the minimum requirements are mentioned… Can you share info about the hardware you own ? We have only some rare cases where users hardware not meet the minimum requirements, and these hardware was realy very old or just not gaming hardware ( e.g. GPUs like GT610 etc ).

FS has been working fine since I bought it 3 months ago, suddenly when I started FS up a few days ago it started with this mandatory update in MS Store and there are none.
How ever my setup is only 2 months old so I rally hope it’s still valid:
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Pro, Socket-AM4
HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 3600MHz 32GB
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Prosessor
Corsair Force Series MP600 1TB M.2 SSD
ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 AMP White Edition

Have you already checked this ?

2 Likes

@TundraGibbon261 No, I have not. I will give that a try. Thank you so much for your time :slight_smile:

I’ve now tried to reinstall Gaming Service and FS2020 with no use. I’m not able to run FS at all. Garbage game, garbage company and garbage developers. I’m really ■■■■■■ right now :frowning:

BTW If you have purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator via the Microsoft Store or you redeemed the code on your Microsoft account: the Xbox App is installed ? I think that was a new prerequisite for the last update and hotfixes.

1 Like

your hardware is not outdated and there must be another reason why your game will not run.

now, what exactly happens ?.. does it crash or freeze ?.. at which point it crashs ? ( blue bar , x % , or while updating, or when ? )

Also , in case of a crash you have a message in windows event viewer… may be show us these error message.

I currently assume you not get the error message from this topic " missing packages " , or ?.. Have in mind we can not know what you do/done and we have also not a magic eye to see whats going on at your pc… we need infos.

Some users report a issue where the app starts, but it crashs at blue-bar 80% … you have same ?

@TundraGibbon261 gave you also a good hint with the xbox application… may be…

PS. and please dont use to much “bad words” :wink: … you are angry, we understand that, but as mentioned: you discuss with us, the community and with a little bit luck we get it running with the hints from forum users.

Just in case someone is interested… I was not able to solve this, none existing upgrade issue, so I tried to run the Windows Reset function, after this, the mandatory upgrade issue went away but now I was not able to login to xbox, but only during FS2020 startup, I was able to login to xbox app. I ended up reinstalling my entire computer and now everything works. I’m being really nice when I say that this is the worst service delivery I’ve ever experienced from Microsoft and I’m an old ■■■■… I will never recommend MSFS2020 to anyone. And even though it works I will still look into xplane…

2 Likes

of course and thanks for report back.

It’s not the best user experiance, and we not know why you have to completly re-installing windows, but it gives the community the hint, that this re-install of windows possible fixed a wrong setting ( may be with the xbox accounting-stuff ).

I’ve followed the solution by andyjb1037219 by altering the file however sometimes i still get the error sometimes dont know why maybe a bug . still awaiting a response from the QA team since SU5