Fixed the issue that prevented interactions with the toolbar in VR

According to you, is the line mentioned in this thread title is:
  • Fixed
  • Partially Fixed
  • Not Fixed
  • Cannot test

0 voters

Using the following template in your replies will also help us getting some more information on your tests! Thank you for your help:

:green_circle: Required

Have you used Developer Mode?

PC Specs:

Aircraft:

Area of the World / Flight Plan:

Airport (If applicable):

Feedback/Bug Description:

:yellow_circle: Optional

[ ] Multiplayer session or [ ] solo flight

Multiplayer settings: [ ] Live Players [ ] All Players [ ] Group Only

Weather settings:

3rd party addons you were using at the time:

Server: [ ] East USA [ ] North Europe [ ] West USA [ ] West Europe [ ] SE Asia

Peripherals:

1 Like

Have you used Developer Mode?
No

PC Specs:
i9-10900k, rtx 3080, 64gb RAM

Aircraft:
FBW A320

Area of the World / Flight Plan:
KDEN to KORD

Airport (If applicable):
KDEN

First - the Launching of Toolbar and closing of the Toolbar items now work. But…

While on the ground Taxing, opened up the Navigraph Map View from the VR Toolbar and the Rudder gets frozen in place. e.g. if I was turning right and I opened an item from the Toolbar (e.g. Navigraph Map), the plane will continue to only turn right and will not respond to any inputs to turn left or brake for the rudder.

Closing the Navigraph map view then worked fine and was able to regain control. I tried with the Weather as well and the same thing happened. Similarly, the throttle was not responsive.

:yellow_circle: Optional

[ ] Multiplayer session or [ ] solo flight
VATSIM

Multiplayer settings: [ ] Live Players [ ] All Players [ ] Group Only

Weather settings:
Live Weather

3rd party addons you were using at the time:
FBW A320

Server: [ ] East USA [ ] North Europe [X] West USA [ ] West Europe [ ] SE Asia

Peripherals:
Honeycomb Alpha, Bravo. CH Pedals
[/quote]

1 Like

I had this too, but without VR or Navigraph. The plane continued to turn right with full rudder left. Is this something new?

1 Like

I have found that having any toolbar panel open, e.g. ATC etc (would also apply to Navigraph chart panel), prevents any inputs being received by the aircraft using a joystick. (I use Logitech Extreme 3D Pro)

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! Does this happen whether or not the panel is popped out or open in the same window?

It is as @tamalien says, I had the ATC or Co-pilot window open at that time.
I work with Logitech rudder pedals.
When I looked down in the cockpit my initial left rudder input was visible, but after a few seconds it came back to central while I kept giving left rudder.

1 Like

I have only seen this with panels open in the same window. I have no idea what happens if they are popped out as that is not something I ever do in MSFS.

1 Like

Same, I’ve not tested with the pop up as I don’t believe we can even do that in VR.

@Jummivana - the issue as far I have seen is limited to VR and not 2D mode where you can do the pop up.

2 Likes

Again a great observation. Yesterday I flew for the first time with my brand new Realsimgear GNS530/430 with popped out instruments. Don’t know if this info is of any help?
The thing is: I am not sure if I had the rudder issue when taxiing to the runway at EHLE. It only seemed to occur after landing on EHAM runway 22 and taxiing to general aviation.
I will test this further when I have time for it. Not tonight I’m afraid…

Our team has been able to repro the issue where while the mouse cursor is on a menu they cannot manipulate the throttle and rudder pedals, though the yoke/stick works fine. Can you those experiencing this issue let me know what headset you’re using?

1 Like

Have you used Developer Mode? No

PC Specs: i7/7700K, 32GB RAM, NV3080ti, NVMe SSD drives only

Aircraft: F/A-18

Area of the World / Flight Plan: 22R hot start on runway.

Airport (If applicable): KBOS (Boston Logan)

Reverb G2 (tested) but also own Oculus Quest 2 (not tested yet). Note that this does not occur with regular/2D/non-VR mode for me, so it seems specific to VR and likely independent of HMD’s. I first noticed this with the Radio (Scroll Lock default hot key) – anytime the radio menu was up, with the mouse focused on it, no input from throttle or rudder would register while in VR. Pitch and Roll inputs from a separate controller did work. Only if I clear the on-screen menu, or move the mouse focus away from the menu, would restore control on throttle/yaw axis.

1 Like

Same here - HP Reverb G2

2 Likes

I have Reverb G2 as well and just completed a lengthy flight with frequent use of Navigraph Charts and didn’t experience any particular issues with control inputs cutting out whilst using the mouse in the Navigraph winodw - not sure why my experience is different.

Also have the issue of losing rudder control (but not losing yoke control) while mouse cursor is on the toolbar. Headset is Reverb G2.

Using the Oculus Rift S

Oculus Rift CV1.

@Jummivana Pimax 5k Plus

Same problem for me, quest 2 via steamvr, controlled with Microsoft sidewinder precision 2 joystick+throttle axis

Same for me using Quest 2 and steam vr. Seems I have posted everywhere about this except here where people are actually listening. Thrustmaster airbus sidestick controller and CH products rudder pedals.

If mouse hovering over any open toolbar window, Joystick throttle and rudder pedal inputs ignored. Aileron and elevator axes curiously unaffected though.

Here is a fun one:
(Oculus Rift S)
Start your flight in cockpit mode.
Open the camera window from the VR toolbar, choose external camera.
Your view will move behind the plane as expected, but the camera window is in the same place as it was when you opened it (Really tiny in the cockpit)

Trying to (re)open the VR toolbar in order to get the camera window back is impossible.
The VR toolbar doesn’t show anymore and you’re stuck in external view.
Resetting VR view doesn’t help.

Discovery flights are even worse because you can’t change to cockpit view at all as the VR Toolbar doesn’t show up in external view (Or maybe it’s in the cockpit, but as you can’t see it it doesn’t help).

Going out of VR view, changing the camera to cockpit and then going back to VR does the trick, and you get the VR toolbar in the cockpit as usual.

2 Likes