Flickering and partially disappearing airport/runway lights

It is not a separate issue. Flickering/vanishing night lights is not limited to all sorts of airport lights but even city lights. Here’s another video of a night approach into Mexico City. MMMX. Apart from the god awful extended stutters and lag that you can see, you may also catch the runway lights up ahead flicker out and extinguish, along with some peripheral city lights up above and to the left. These lights were off and on constantly, and when I swung around the pattern and lined up for touchdown the lights were back on again, but the PAPI continued to flicker abnormally.

Issue occurred in VHHH, SCIP, MMMX. Sharing ICAO codes of airport is irrelevant as it happens anywhere.

Editing comment to say I didn’t read your reply above about sharing this internally. Thank you!

1 Like

Noted, thank you for this video.

No problem, anything that can help on fixing the issue is shared.

2 Likes

Won’t do it again, but it only shows desperation, you know?! This is much more serious than “just” a visual imperfection. And since I got a bit bitter over the ignorance towards sim issues (weather, ground physics etc.–instead we’re getting air races, top-gun stuff and what not :roll_eyes:), which I’m experiencing from day -300 (Alpha tester :wink:), I wanted to bring this to the attention of “someone”.

Also referring to the voting system or to Zendesk doesn’t help that much, as even that is being ignored sometimes. For instance, how issues like the obvious AA downgrading (not solely a MSFS issue, of course, other games suffer as well) and the awful shimmering (mainly visible in VR) has been treated by Seb in the past (“we looked at that and weren’t able to reproduce”) is beyond me.

That’s just to tell you why I’m trying to get attention for this (and other) threads. As I said, won’t do it again.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

May I ask you to also forward the information that I (and maybe others) suspect an object issue rather than a lighting issue? Let me explain:

Before I noticed issues with the lighting at night, I flew into LSZH during daytime and saw that the taxiway-centerline insets, the thingys that hold and protect the light bulbs, were appearing only one by one right in front of the plane. The same effect I got at EDDH and other places during nighttime, where the respective lights also appeared right in front of me, one by one.

Maybe it’s just semantics, but I guess the LOD for such kind of objects might have been screwed up somehow with SU6…

And also: It only happens at the arrival airport, not at departure.

1 Like

Hi, i have noticed the following Problem after SU6. The runway and taxilight on the arriving airport are Not correct on their elevation. On some parts of the runway and taxiways the Lights are to high and whereelse Not visible. I think it has something to do with die elevation of the airports. The have differences. I use navigraph and it happens on Stuck Airports and also addon Airports. For example justsim edds or LHR…. When you Take Off on one of this airports the Lightning elevation is correct. Sorry No screenshots at the Moment and First Post here in the forum

1 Like

Hi @OlieTsubasa443,

I think this thread should also be merged into this one.

But I guess the OP here is onto something–I noticed that a lot of buildings were floating at the destination airports, lately. After a couple of minutes, they “reset” and appeared on the ground as supposed to. Something similar could happen for the light objects having wrong elevation…

1 Like

Yes Sounds like…. Was also wondering why until now there were Ni other posts about this Problem. I‘ll just have to check it how i can merge my post to the otherone :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Another example of flickering lamp lights at a third-party EIDW (but present at every airport).
I’d love an update about the progress rectifying the issue whenever there is one! :slight_smile:

Same here on xbox. Landed at LEBB with this and also noted blue taxi lights floating in air so maybe linked, as others say, to elevation issue

On landing I noticed that sometimes the runway textures are messed up, maybe also an elevation issue. That’s besides the flickering and hidden taxiway center-lines.

Same with me. On 2 or 3 different Airports. Guess it was on every night landing after SU6
This Video was made at Astana (UACC) today.

2 Likes

Thanks for the video, this is what I am seeing to. Takes a lot of faith to be shooting a night approach at an airport with lights that fade out.

3 Likes

Is anyone else on #Xbox having the same problem. The last few nights Ive encountered no lights on runways when approaching. Then when on the ground no taxi way lights either. (Xbox Series S, Latest update)

….Yes that is the point of this post.

1 Like

I had this issue with three airports yesterday, every night landing I did. Xbox Series S. The airports in question: ESSA, EFHK, UUEE. No runway lights, no PAPI lights, no taxiway lights.

Same problem at Svalbard, Longyearbyen ENSB. 1/3 of the runway completely black.

:rofl:
That’s how it is

I tried it again. Same Airport, different weather and i just set the Terrain LOD to 200 and back to 100.
There is still flickering but its much more better than yesterday. Don’t know if its because of the LOD setting or the weather or something else. And it was just a testride today, not a complete flight. So i set the Airbus on approach only.

1 Like

That’s exactly it. However, I wish you’d also have shown the part when exiting the runway and taxiing, I bet you had problems seeing the taxiway centerline as well.

1 Like