Flight Assist does not work for the F/A-18

Are you on Steam

Steam version

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

The new F/A-18 does a barrel roll and then usually crashes both during take off or when starting in midair when Flight Assist is ON.

Does the new jet support Flight Assist?

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Simply take off with the 18 (create a flight plan or start in mid flight), turn on Flight Assist and notice the weird behaviour.

I’ve also tried varients of turning on / off AI Anti-Stall, Auto Trim, etc.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

N/A

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I have the same problem-A.I barrel roll on take off.

hm I just noticed a similar behaviour with all assistants turned off.
When I start a new flight above the ocean, eventually the jet goes into a stall :frowning: is there a general issue with the new jet?

The F/A-18 included in MSFS is an E model, not an F. The E model is a single seat and the F model is two seats; pilot and WSO. For that reason alone, using AI assists would be unrealistic.

As far as the flying characteristics go, it’s a little touchy in the roll axis but I can probably dial that out with a sensitivity adjustment. No stalls, no uncommanded rolls. Don’t forget the you’re the pilot. Fly the jet. This isn’t a passenger plane. Make it do what you want it to do.

thanks for the clarification - I don’t know where I saw that it was supposed to be the F model, but I took out the model identification completely now.

The main purpose of this thread was to highlight that Flight Assist does not seem to work on this aircraft and I was under the impression that all Asobo / MS released aircraft would probably support Flight Assist out of the box.

Could we possibly please upvote this?
Or is it working for everyone else?

Is no one else having this issue?