Flight Hours Rewards

What about some rewards/prizes accordingly with flight hours?

In real aviation’s life almost everything is counting by flight hours, why not here?

1 Like

What kind of rewards are you thinking about? I’d hate to have to reach a set amount of hours in the Cessna 172 before I’m allowed to fly IFR or the A320… :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know, maybe at 500 hours one Official Diploma !! LOL
at 1000 one special payware free

This could be the way to keep people flying instead of looking for issues LOL

6 Likes

The irony here is that with the log book still only recording part of your actual flying time, that would be an issue preventing people from attaining said “prize”.

3 Likes

It’s a video game. Let people do what they want in it.

2 Likes

Of course !!!

Link virtual flight hours to Bing rewards or Gamepass quests. Could work, the capability is there but we shall see.

1 Like

At 1000 hours I want (as a reward) Asobo to book me a 5 star hotel for a week in Monaco with expense included

deal?

3 Likes

Of course, this assumes that the log book will record hours as flown. Still a work in progress …

1 Like

Set unlimited fuel, set AP to fly a single heading and altitude, let plane circle the earth at max sim rate, go to bed. Free payware gained probably overnight.

6 Likes

The logbook (when not broken) records AP hours in its own category. I imagine they would not count those hours.

You could still use something like the TBM and get it trimmed out. Heck - I bet there’s already some script-kiddy that’s already working on a pilot-bot that the sim can’t see.

1 Like

Keep the kiddo-gaming features out of the sim pls.

5 Likes

would be kinda cool to get maybe a free plane after so many hours as a “thank you”, but definitely not needed just a nice gesture.

2 Likes

That’s a good point,

Kinda like a progression system where you unlock things that would other wise cost money. Maybe skins, some not already unlock aircraft and missions. Honestly surprise this wasn’t a feature on launch. This would attract people for sure.

1 Like

You’ll find progression systems in Fortnite, World of Warcraft, and dozens of other kiddo games designed to feed an addiction loop.

There’s no place for it in the game and you’ll never get it here.

Work for x amount of hours, buy Marketplace plane, there’s an addiction/feedback loop for you already. Use it.

A special livery? A special animation/effect that others would see knowing they’re a boss. :wink:

And for those saying “keep this stuff out of sims” – too late – this is and has been marketed to Xbox, so you’ve already lost the “professional flyers” only battle.

I have moved this topic to the Wishlist so that it can be voted on. I have also removed the Asobo/Microsoft in the title. It is a Code of Conduct infringement to use this to attract attention to a topic: Code of Conduct - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I’ve been flight simming for decades, and can appreciate ‘keeping the kids out’ but I remember using fspassengers with fsx and it was very enjoyable. A bit of structure and feedback on your flying, along with a virtual company progression, (plus stuff like random failures) - these are not bad things.

Similar to the Euro Truck Sim loop I suppose - and that works well.

1 Like

I would happy if they just fix the logbook… it’s useless and I’ve lost around 20 hours already