Flight path not showing up in Bush Trip

I feel you. The bush trips are supposed to be curated experiences. I was only trying to offer solutions for the awful predicament the devs have put us in.

These bugs are unacceptable but they exist so I try to help others enjoy the good parts of the sim where I can. Cheers!

Have the same issue. Have tried some of the tips from other users out there but nothing helps. This really needs to be addressed.

1 Like

My solution is to add the poi-s to “littlenavmap” as a backup.
Hope they fix this issues soon.
Cheers

1 Like

I had the same problem with the Danemark bush trip, and now with the island bush trip. The first flight works, then the other one doesn’t.

I have no flight plan on the VFR map and POI are not displayed.

When I search, I found in the navigator of the Cessna Caravan that I have no flight plan loaded.

My assumption is that since SU6 bush trips work as intended. No flight plan and no route on vfr map as THIS IS VFR. Follow the instructions of the navlog and you will be fine.

I like it that way. I finished the Denmark trip that would not unlock the next leg after leg 1 prior to SU6 and I am about two third into the trip through Germany (I hate gras air strips, they are so hard to find, and the remaining dest airports are all gras air strips, so my motivation to continue dropped a bit). I do not miss the flight plan on the VFR map I am happy with the navlog instructions. Eventually the timer becomes useful here.

3 Likes

First time I’ve tried a bush trip - first leg great, second leg the route on the VFR map is gone.

Should I be surprised?

No this software is full of bugs, with new ones being introduced with every update.

I should be at least grateful I can now run the sim I suppose, but given how much money I have invested [wasted] on this sim, it really annoys me when basic things like this do not work.

What is wrong with Asobo?

1 Like

I know what you mean about the flight path. It almost feels like cheating when its there. But the lack of POIs really defeats the purpose of sightseeing, which is about half the point for me.

The navlog tells you the names of all these locations, but without POIs or labels on the map, you’re just guessing you’re looking at the right thing, especially when that thing is a natural feature (mountain, lake, etc) and there are lots of them around. I’m not convinced the missing flight path is a bug, but the missing POIs definitely are!

1 Like

And yes, for me, the bush trips are the best and meatiest content in the game. The fact that these bugs have languished for so long is really troubling. Folks at Asobo seem to not understand the prioritization of game-breaking bugs.

1 Like

@motayba - Yes, it is frustrating. I was halfway in the middle of ‘Bordeaux to Mont Blanc’ when this flight path bug occurred. I previously completed four other bush trips and really enjoyed them - and now, with the other bug, they are just GONE from the log files and all the bush trips are showing 0% completed. So even if I want to even attempt to finish the ‘Bordeaux to Mont Blanc’ without the flight path (almost impossible, in my opinion), I’ll have to start over from the beginning. Frankly, I haven’t used Flight Simulator in MONTHS because of this.

I’m with you. Owned this game for more than a year, and just don’t have the patience to put up with all the bugs, so I also have taken months off at a time just to avoid the frustration. (Especially when it takes 5 minutes just to start up into the main menu.) With Microsoft as the publisher, I think there’s a chance they’ll fix these issues eventually, but when?

Even starting fresh, some of the bush trips I’ve tried don’t even have POIs the FIRST time I’ve tried even the first leg (Patagonia and Alaska). Really feels like they must only test systems and not their scripted content.

Weak.

Don’t get me wrong - it’s an awesome program and overall an incredible achievement. I am just completely blown away that they are even able to do half the stuff that they have running in this program. But I think we’re all in agreement that these bugs really make for a frustrating experience. It’s been too many months and these issues have gotten no attention (and in some cases, have gotten worse!)

Totally agree! I hesitate to even call it a game. Especially for one one old enough to remember what games were like 40 years ago, the global simulation itself is nothing short of a technological marvel. And they keep improving the visuals. I play on three monitors using Nvidia Surround and it’s incredible.

But the scripted content shouldn’t have been released until it was tested and made to work as intended. From the trip legs I’ve completed so far, it feels like the text in the navlog wasn’t even edited by an actual editor. :slight_smile:

I too encountered this issue and have been using the maps from the FS 2020 fandom wiki to figure out which airport is the one for my next leg, and cross referencing external sites with the in-game map since the flight path went away. Mine disappeared about three legs into the California trip.

I think they are working now. Anyone else find it better since the WU7? I also deleted a file called Host which may have helped.

@LuvMeB4 @route19er
Ok, with the latest updates I installed, the flight path does seem to be back!

I was half way through Bordeaux to Mont Blanc when the issue first appeared, six months ago now. I’m not going to restart that bush trip, there were a few landings that were incredibly difficult and took so many attempts - and I’m sure it would take many more to land them again, so I’m off to Norway now!

Flight path worked fine for me after updating so SU8 when continuing after each leg of the Balkans bush trip, but after exiting and returning the next day, the flight path disappeared on the VR map and the next POI was reset to the first leg of the trip.

Yup, I experienced the same thing. My last post I said the flight path was back … I did the first leg of the Norway Bush trip - no problem. I came back a few days later to do the second leg, and it’s gone again. Super frustrating.

100% this. I get having a full flight plan with the arrow indicator is cheating. But at least have the POI’s and be consistent in how the bush flights are supposed to work (this is clearly a bug because it comes and goes).

Hi there, I wanted to start from Bordeaux to Mont Blanc. My first Bushtrip. But other than on different YT Videos, the Flightplan does not show up in the GARMIN of my plane. Its only shown in the VFR but not in the Flightplan of the GPS module in the plane itself. I loaded up the bushtrip of Germany. Same issue. Any ideas, whats going on? Thanks alot for your support