Flight plan issue: 787-10, A320 Neo & 747-8

Description:

I’d like to report a bug regarding the flight plan in MSFS 2020, with specific issues encountered when using the Boeing 787-10 and other aircraft.

Issue on: Xbox series x

Bug 1. LNAV not functioning after take-off:

• After entering the flight plan on the home screen and activating LNAV after Take-off, the aircraft does not follow your planned flight (flight plan).

Bug 2. Missing flight plan during approach:

• During the approach phase, there is no visible flight plan on the screen, making navigation challenging.

Aircraft(s): Boeing 787-10 (and other aircraft)

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a flight plan on the home screen with an ILS Landing. (Mostly it happen to: Schiphol airport)

2. During the approach, observe the absence of a flight plan on the screen. (You wil miss approach flight plan)

Additional information:

• This issue occurs with multiple aircraft, but I mostly use the Boeing 787-10.

In order to engage LNAV, you need to be close to your intended route and be within a (I believe) 30 degree intercept. If you don’t have an active SID for example and you’re pointing away from your first waypoint during takeoff, LNAV will not engage. That is intended behavior and you’ll need to manually fly or use HDG mode to capture the route. If you use a SID, you are usually fine as your route will typically include a line out from the runway.

When creating plans from the world map, you’ll typically need to set up the SID, STAR, and approach from within the aircraft. They won’t carry over on the recently overhauled aircraft (787, 747). Make sure to keep an eye on any discontinuities and manually vector or remove them. All of that is also intended behavior.

1 Like

Hello!

Your topic has been moved into the Aviate, Navigate, Communicate category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to the test team.

Please make sure to only report a single bug per topic.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic.

Okay i dont know if its a bug or glitch but even when i am within the flight plan, if I use HDG mode, I cannot deactivate it. Consequently, the aircraft does not follow the flight plan, and I’m forced to use HDG mode for the entire route until I exit the game and try again.

Okay i am very sorry about that. But the second bug is related with the first one.

HDG mode will never be turned off unless A/P is disconnected or another lateral navigation mode can take over (VOR/LOC, LNAV, APP). If you’re not on a valid intercept for your aircraft’s flight plan then LNAV will not take over and you will have to use HDG to navigate.

Do you have screenshots of your MFD map as well as your route and leg screens from the FMS that you can share? A snippet of your PFD flight mode annunciator would help too, to see which vertical and lateral modes are active or armed.

I’ve flown the 787 and 747 quite a bit during their latest beta test period as well as after, and I know that LNAV and HDG are working, but they’re more realistic now than they used to be. LNAV will never engage unless the correct conditions are met.

1 Like

I am an Xbox user, series X and I can tell you that the WT 787-10 is all messed up. From loading the FP for Italian airports, which won’t let you load to EGCC, which will let you load but there are BSs coming into this airport. I flew out of CYWG, which is pretty solid, but not in these airports. Shame I spent hours flying them!

I do not know if flying from North America to Europe
In the 787-10 (WT) picks up a bug because I flew from
CYWG TO KMSP (short haul) and all was fine. I thought is was a Simbrief/Navigraph issue and was told by them that the overseas flight had loaded. I will try Asian - Asian flights and other long hauls before contacting MS with a possible bug.

BTW, ATC on all flights was excellent as were the skies/clouds on Live Weather noted for the KMSP flight!