Flight Plan on third part aircraft

Is there any reason not to have the flight plan loaded into the MCDU simply through the map for third party aircraft? I know it’s more realistic to import from simbrief or digit the waypoints but I don’t fully understand why we cannot have both options if we want sometimes to simplify some steps and just flight

Thanks

1 Like

I guess that´s because some have different databases or newer AIRAC cycles than game. CRJ for instance does not include airports with too short runways for it to land. Also some use their own flight plan format which is not compatible with native game format. You need a third party tool like Little Nav Map to export it in their format or import from Simbrief like in the BA 146 case.

Cheers

1 Like

Was just thinking the same thing. Not really a big metal guy but had a few successful flights with the PMDG 737. A bit of a pain to create FP in LNM, then import it into both MSFS and the 737 (plus add SID and STARS on the FMC) to get the ATC to play nice.

Not a big deal but wish it was simpler.

1 Like

BAe 146 can use a flightplan from the worldmap.

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t know this one had this feature. Good cause it was the one I would like to purchase. Many thanks

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft

1 Like

Two ways to do it.
Either with FMS, syncit in the FMS and set HSI to R NAV
Or if you have the FMS swiched off, just turn HSI to R NAV.
Martyn from JF expains it here

1 Like

In BA 146 you can also import plans created from Little Nav Map or similiar tools if you prefer (or after being in the cockipit at any time):

1. Export plan as MSFS format with Little Nav Map or similar tool
  2. Load plan with FSUIPC (File → Load Plan)
  3. Import to FMS using the buttons IDX → NEXT (PAGE2) → ROUTE MENU → FPLN RECALL (GAME)

This FSUIPC loading method works at any time with many other aircraft.

Cheers

2 Likes

Thank you, glad to see it seems easier compared to the CRJ