Flight report: Long Beach to Palm Springs "VFR" in C172 WBSIM

Today the route will be… hum… should be VFR. But the real MSFS weather didn’t agree. But it’s in the sim and I want to continue testing SayIntentions AI ATC with this expected 45 minutes flight. Should be challenging to depart with this weather and catch Flight Following to finally certainly reach clear-sky at Banning (screen shots from iPad ForeFlight).

At Atlantic FBO with FreakyD freeware LongBeach KLGB v4: Daugherty Field, Long Beach CA USA - KLGB V4.0 for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

I use the FLY chart to navigate in this congested Los Angeles area (screen shots from iPad ForeFlight):

The weather is really not really VFR compatible for my plan, at departure:

At destination, it should be ok :wink:and it’s not a surprise knowing the area:

Taxiing at Long Beach. SayIntention Artificial Intelligence ATC initialy gave me the 26L. And I made a mistake arguing with the AI that there isn’t any 26L at KLGB. Obviously, I can’t read a ground chart correctly and my departing briefing had to be revised. Anyway, I weirdly win against the AI :wink: after several exchange.

Here we are at KILO runway 26R and finally cleared for take-off :

It’s definitely not going to be a VFR departure.

Obviously, it wasn’t legal and I get thru the cloud to be on-top for my VFR FLY route. Los Angeles bassin is fully covered.

As planned ( :wink: ) the SKC is ahead of me. I really love this real MSFS weather:

Approaching the Banning Pass, it’s getting clearer and clearer as planned:

It’s all clear when I start to “firmly” descend to Palm Springs:

Get (more or less) cleared for a right downwind entry for runway 31R. That finally changed, lately in a straight-in for the 13R:

Atlantic FBO is my favorite (actually, I never went to Signature at KPSP :wink::disappointed:

… because I have the pool in sight! Scenery by iniBuild.

Hope you enjoy this VFR flight report as much as I did flying it!

3 Likes
1 Like