Flight School like the "Lessons" in MSFS 10

Just to add to this, it would also be awesome if we could choose our location for flight training. Maybe even a map selection similar to the manual cache where you designate your flight training area and a home airport. And ideally it would take you through the whole process from PPL to ATPL and all the checkrides etc.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, it absolutely shows you the basics, but things like idle thrust before turning base is a tad unrealistic for a student pilot. A friend of mine I often fly in the circuit with in the real world idles at 5000ft, but he is an experienced sky dive pilot and somewhat crazy. Students should be taught power on approaches and cross control in detail in my opinion. Safety first.

1 Like

I’m working on bringing IFR training missions to MSFS right now. It’ll mirror a real Instrument Rating and culminate in a full checkride.

It’s nearing completion and will cover NDB, VOR, ILS, Compass Turns, Partial Panel, analog+glass cockpits, SIDs and more.

Will post about it on the forums when it’s ready!

5 Likes

Hi all, I said I was working on IFR training missions…They’re ready!

IFR training mission pack is now available:

Instrument flight training missions return, better than ever, with FS Academy - IFR for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

IFR is an all-new, study-level package to take your skills to the next level.

Produced by a real airline captain , IFR gives you the knowledge and skills to fly like the professionals to get you home on those dark and rainy nights.

Mirroring a real Instrument Rating course, IFR is an authentic training experience applicable to everything from a Cessna to a 747, covering both analog ‘steam’ gauges and modern glass cockpits. You’ll begin in the conventionally equipped Cessna 152 before moving forwards to the glass cockpit Cessna 172 and multi-engine Diamond DA62.

Use real techniques and Jeppesen charts to fly complex true to life procedures with your instructor guiding you every step of the way through a series of 12 authentic missions covering all you need to know, culminating in taking your virtual Instrument Rating Checkride with your examiner.

​The skills you will learn are transferable to practically any aircraft, from a Cessna 152 to a 747 and everything in between.

​Accompanied by a comprehensive ground school , begin with the basics of IFR flight before moving through the course and taking your virtual Instrument Rating check ride.​

Edit: We now have a range of training packs, including VFR, Navigation and Airliner operations. Learn all about it here: www.fsacademy.co.uk

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile:
Thank you for yours, and no doubt, teams hard work. I’ll check it out when I get the chance. Fingers crossed Hope it’s as in depth as it looks at first glance!

1 Like

Thanks! It certainly is and I’m confident you’ll like them

Just letting you know I completed the course and it was amazing!

Congrats on the amazing product, was tons of fun to fly and now feel more ready then ever to get my real IFR rating.

1 Like

That’s great to hear, I’m really pleased that you enjoyed IFR and found it helpful!

Hi thanks for sharing this.

Any chance we can get a video preview of what the training looks and sounds like? I think a lot of people who are on the fence would be swayed by a preview or trailer video to give a more comprehensive picture of how well the training mission pack plugs into MSFS 2020.

Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi,

Yes absolutely!
I have had several very complimentary reviews on YouTube. Here are a few:

I’ve tried FSFlyingSchool and FS Academy and both are good.

I like the structure of FS Academy, but it’s also a bit rigid. This is where FSFlyingSchool excels as it allows you to fly anyway in the world and get feedback and grading.

2 Likes

For circuit training and visual flight, FS Academy - VFR has just been released!
It actually teaches you how to fly circuits, overhead joins, attitudes, mountain flying etc, which I feel is an improvement to the ‘nagging’ and trial-by-error approach found elsewhere!

What’s your issue with FSFlyingSchool? I like it. It allows me to fly anywhere and use it at the same time. Oh and you can use ANY aircraft. And there’s scoring.

I see a use for both utilities, but for some reason you want to have a dig? Why? Isn’t it Christmas? Goodwill to all men?

No bad will intended at all, they both have a place!
Did you understand the ‘nagging’ comment to mean FSFlightSchool?
Goodwill to all men, women and everyone i’d say!

If it’s not that then what piece of software are you referring to?

Yes, absolutely! I would love it if Rod Machado made flight lessons like he did for FSX. Here is a thread that has 120 votes so far.

Visit this thread and upvote if you want this!

I really would like to have a fully integrated Rod Machado Flight school back in MSFS, like in FSX.
It was so motivation to get the ingame Pilot Licence.

A third party addon with trainingmissions is not the same.