Flight Sim is not loading anymore before and after that update yesterday

Hi pilots,

my Flight Sim 2020 is not loading anymore since some hours before the update, and after that huge update yesterday.
It is noticeable immediately that it is not loading correctly because that stupid main menu music is playing, and it keeps hanging on the 40th anniversary splash screen forever while the circle in the right lower corner keeps rotating forever.

When I close it with task manager, try to start it five or ten more times, restart the computer etc. the program starts correctly eventually some time (which means with correct graphics setting and with the menu music muted) and goes into the main menu and behaves as usual.

What can I do to make it function again? :slight_smile:

I have faced the same and there’s not so much to do. Disconnecting network to force offline mode can bypass the loading and the checking for updates steps but you won’t get marketplace later on after enabling network once at main menu.

There’s a serious problem with the initial online checks during game launch. It’s not the local content what causes this, just the online checks.

Cheers

They’re having server issues since the last update. Many threads in the bugs forum complaining about the sim not loading, photogrammetry not loading and errors related to low bandwidth, long load times, live weather not working, etc

Yet so far total radio silence from MS asoobo except to let people think it’s their internet and not the Microsoft servers. It’s 100% the Ms servers. A statement from MS they are aware and looking into it would go a long way…

4 Likes

Topic moved into Community Support. When seeking assistance or advice, please use a subcategory in Community Support.

To note, there currently is a server issue which may be the cause of your issue.

As of yesterday, I still get a low bandwith error and asking to turn off photogrammetry. i hit “ignore”. The other day I was updating something in content manager and was receiving less than 5 mbits/sec download time. I have 250MB service to the house.

Are they working on this issue?

1 Like