Flight simulator does not start

All - In another thread I posted my experiences with MSFS and the Gaming Services error I keep getting. FWIW-I determined it to be my aftermarket Virus and Firewall Software. How is this germaine, well. It’s my unproven theory that aftermarket software is more agressive toward things which it perceives as a possible threat, even when those little things are from a trusted vendor, i.e., MS Store. I have proven this to me, at least 5 times over the course of the life of MSFS for over year. Even before retail release, my aftermarket SW prevented any, and I mean any of the beta files to download, even though my system was up to date. Could this inadvertently be causing your issue. Possibly not based on more experienced above, but if not using the Windows defender and using something else, take it off and see if that helps. Two weeks ago when V5 was released, I had previously removed my aftermarket Virus and Firewall, but it left something behind, which prevented Gaming Services to download. and being old, I went at the issue backwards and ended up rebuilding my PC from the OEM install USB drive. 5 days later, plus the 20+ hours necessary to get game back loaded. It happened last evening again, but this time I knew what to do, uninstall aftermarket SW, clean out any old files of SW, restart between both times. Then ran the fix I am going to print here, and it finally worked.

Here is the fix, published on one of the forums a while ago.
Gaming services not installing

When I installed Gears 5 My computer stopped recognizing Gaming services as installed so it would take me to its page on the Microsoft store so i followed this:

Try reinstalling gaming services. To do this:

Launch powershell as an administrator and enter

“get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”

In the same powershell window, enter

“start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”

Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.

Try installing the game again.

Hope this helps. I am sort of happy to say, trying to fly again, using AP in 747, and not having any sucess, but Its me more than the game.

2 Likes

and you assume copy/paste the same content in different topics is better than LINK the posts ?

Also, there is a official FAQ for Game-Pass-Users which mention that alread:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017894499-Xbox-App-Game-Pass-Troubleshoot-game-installations-on-a-Windows-10-device

I assume OP read this allready.

I thank everyone for the help. I bought a new graphics card (Geforce GTX 1050 TI) and I have to say … The game is running !!! No I am happy :smile:

1 Like

MichjaMMA, I foud my information on another source. Since I dont xbox, going to there help is useless for me.

not sure where you read in FAQ that it is created for a xbox device only :rofl:

Xbox App /Game Pass - Troubleshoot game installations on a Windows 10 device

Did not read it, assumed for xbox only. My mistake. Regardless found solution in another place.