Flight Simulator Thunderbirds | Recruitment Post

Hello, thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Flight Simulator Thunderbirds. We are proud of our dedication to replicating the United States Air Force Thunderbirds to the highest degree possible in the virtual arena and this must be a desire shared by all of our pilots. Please check below to ensure you first meet the criteria.

As our team looks to tackle the 2021 practice season and to begin performing full high show demonstrations by end of year, we must ensure the candidates joining our team are of the highest caliber. We look forward to talking with you! Thank you for taking the time to look at our recruitment post.

Think you have what it takes? Join our Discord and apply today!

Requirements:

• Be at least 18 years of age at the time this application is submitted. (While rare, exceptions may be made.)
  • Possess some sort of headtracking
  • Possess a HOTAS (Hands on Throttle and Stick)
  • Must have a microphone and be able to speak and write English at a high level. - Must live in the United States or Canada. - Be able to attend most of our practices and ALL scheduled shows. - Must be willing to sign a disclosure document to protect team assets.(edited)

Open Positions

• Left Wingman
  • Slot Pilot
  • Narrator
  • Crew Chief (Streamer)

Our Aircraft
The Flight Simulator Thunderbirds have been working diligently to bring a fully native F-16C/D to Microsoft Flight Simulator and are proud to announce that we have done so. Our aircraft is in development but is a fully native model and flight model format and we are looking forward to performing for many years to come!

Think you have what it takes? Join our Discord and apply today!

2 Likes

It would be great if you folks could release a commercial version of your F-16. It would not have to be in Thunderbird colors, you could keep that just for yourselves and also request that any re-painters do not place it on your model. The income from the model would help to repay your team for the enjoyment they will bring to many flight simulator enthusiasts.

1 Like

Unfortunately that is not in any short term plans, maybe in the future! As of right now, it is for our team only.

You can apply if you’d like!

Thank you for the suggestion. Despite the fact that I have more than 30 years of flight Sim experience, my current set up would most definitely not allow search precision flying.

All the very best of luck with your endeavor, perhaps sometime I will do an article about you, when you are ready for such.

Where do you write articles?

Flightsim.com mostly these days. Search for my name Kenneth J Kerr, or the generic title “KerrSpectives” for the most recent ones. I’m also a former news journalist in real life, and author.

Would you mind adding me on Discord? Have a few questions. Chunky#7134

How do you plan to fligh tight formation when planes turn into ghosts as you get close to them?

We have worked out a few temporarily work arounds to at least be able to fly tight formation to facilitate operational readiness. The only limit is being able to see the aircraft from the ground.

I did a Google search and see that a webcam can be used for that purpose. I do have a top of the line Logitech, would that work?

Would Track IR work much better?

TrackIR is optimal; however, if it tracks head movement and translates it into the simulator then it will work fine.

Such a fun practice the other day. With hopefully some upcoming multiplayer server fixes, formation flying and aerobatics is going to be a big hit. :slight_smile:

4 Likes