Flightbeam Auckland [NZAA] Released

It’s been a pleasure beta testing this one on behalf of Flightbeam. I’m happy to share the news that the official release date for their long awaited MSFS NZAA Auckland airport scenery has now been set to Tuesday, November 9 at 12pm PST / 8pm UTC with a price of $19.99 USD!

9 Likes

Can’t wait!

With any luck this means NZWN is only a week or two after. :crossed_fingers:

Have to second zkdos here, really impressed with the quality of this. Makes Auckland an incredible base, especially when paired with the Orbx Auckland landmarks pack.

2 Likes

The flightbeam product page is now live:

1 Like

Oh I get the deal now,just getting everyone primed and ready .Thanks for letting us know ZK DOS.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ll add my very own preview screenshot. :joy:

1 Like

Sold out? How???

it’s not released until tomorrow (9th).

Ah right ok. Just a strange way to put it…

Have to say… A very long time coming (Auckland hasnt looked this great since FSX and have to say… that it was one of the few global airports to have missed any major development…)
What an wonderful/fantastic addition to the now growing list of developments here in NZ regarding flight sim!!! All we need now is for more water masking in key locations such as the Manakau harbour and Northland and a big big redevelopment to Tauranga/BOP coastline (that generic texturing along some of the most beautifulist coastlines sucks hard)

Just one gripe coming from someone who can talk​:grin: Who spent hours and many long nights not getting any​:rofl::wink: while attempting the current MSFS SDK for his very first airport… and tackling the biggest airport in NZ and one of the best airports in Australasia… Auckland…

I hope that the developers add in the left and right gates (It seemed to work for me in regards to no aircraft parking on the main stand when others were on 16L 16R although I had three jetways for them to work properly and the additional parking stands along with one missing Cargo gate at the main international terminal along with the DHL stand also…
Please Please… For us GA pilot wannabes… Please add the GA stand that was next to the Air NZ mantainance stand that I had in my Auckland airport

Apart from that and I hope there is an update in the near future if not… When Auckland finally gets her 2nd runway along with the integrated domestic/international terminal…
A+++ from me

1 Like

Just got the Flightbeam NZAA Auckland airport addon and wanted to report it’s fantastic. The textures and color pallete make it look hyper realistic. But I didn’t even notice any effect on my FPS compared to normal.

Highly recommend!

simMarket: FLIGHTBEAM STUDIOS - NZAA - AUCKLAND INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT MSFS

2 Likes

It is pretty darn good and the long wait for Wellington and NZA Christchurch continues…

Just nit picking but if there is one smallest of the smallest issues…

One. Is it’s a bit bright on approach but a vivid memory of flying in the old B1900Ds and seeing through to the cockpit… it was bright in real life

Two. The lack of the small apron for GA parking which is located in front of the Air NZ hanger, which could then be linked to the the Air NZ hanger taxiway

Three. Part 1, is a asbobo/MSFS issue… the lack of left/right gates on the B peir and the inability on Micsobo part to allow multiple ‘jetway to gate’ assignment.
Part 2, the lack of left/right parking on the aprons south of pier B/west of the main international terminal…

Four. Just a slight suspicion, might have to check tonight, an observation regarding AIG traffic and AI traffic only exiting either taxiway A7/A6 not the earlier exits… I’m wondering if there are missing a connections from the runway to the other taxiways… Could be just the AI traffic MSFS issue

Just means that Auckland Airport is missing out on another 20 odd gates to make it feel more fuller for AI traffic or lacking regarding parking options especially when starting there.

Apart from that mate…

What has to be one of the best “little major” Airports in the world. Which was a crafted airport in FSX but criminaly left out of the default ‘crafted’ airports in MSFS…
So glad Auckland airport (gateway to NZ) has had the much needed love and TLC…

A++ from me… Will give it the triple A plus once the LR gates/parking and GA apron are implemented

In case you missed it… Flighbeam has patched in their VDGS system to Auckland. Haven’t had a chance to test it out yet.

It’s a separate install from the airport itself, incidentally.

2 Likes

I love Auckland and it is my springboard to actually downloading a lot of NZ third-party airports.

One question if anyone knows- how do we make sure that the docking assistance is working? I have downloaded the additional pack for it but I still am not getting it to work.

A seperate install? How does that work?
I got my copy of NZAA today from the ingame marketplace as it is on sale right now.

Prior to it arriving on the marketplace, Flightbeams Auckland was available through the Contrail app and has a page for configuring the VDGS and static aircraft.

I’m not 100% sure if this will work, but you could try installing Contrail, see if it can identify the Flightbeam product installed on your system, and configure it from there. Otherwise, I’m sure theres a readme file buried inside your community folder from the purchase.

Hmm interesting…

Thanks, I will try finding if there are any readme files.

Cheers Mark

No readme files present unfortunately. :pensive: