Flightbeam Wellington [NZWN] Discussion Thread

The product page for Flightbeam’s NZWN is now live with release date confirmed for Tuesday, April 19 at 10am PST.

Some great preview screenshots from Mir on the above page- I’ll post a few shots from the release candidate beta build when I next get a chance!

2 Likes

Instant buy for me!

Learned to fly in Wellington so looking forward to this one

1 Like

Learned to fly there (not currently a member at the club due to affordability in my current phase of life) and involved with the airport operationally (somewhat tangentially). I applied for the beta, was a bit disappointed not to get a response…

Oh well, it’s a must have for some local flying! What’s Flightbeam’s scenery like performance wise?

Performance is fantastic for me. No discernible impact even when flying complex aircraft.

I might also mention that FB NZWN in MSFS is not merely a port over from P3D. Rather, it is a significant remodelling to reflect the numerous changes to the airport layout over the past few years since Mir originally did NZWN. It really does bring the airport up to 2022 standard. Whether or not you are a Kiwi or Wellington local, I can wholeheartedly recommend this.

1 Like

Here’s a couple of screenshots from the release version of Flightbeam’s NZWN. As a RW pilot who was based here for half a year, I can confirm it’s virtual recreation is top notch. Great that New Zealand has had two of our major ports covered by Mir’s team, with NZCH and NZQN both coming from NZA Simulations in the future to complete the main trunk network!

The taxiways have been done really well, updated to reflect the 2022 markings and with a subtle reflective shine layer added that really enhances immersion. The watermasking and 3D rocks around the perimeter of the airport are great too, adding all the visual cues that are missing from the default NZWN as you fly in. If you’re on the fence about buying this product- hop off and go get it!

3 Likes

Agreed on all counts. It really is a cut above the rest.

2 Likes

NZWN Version 1.1 update is available from Contrail to fix WU12 compatibility :clap:

I am still having coastline issues sadly, water appear and dissappear as square blocks. And my favorite Ramp 79 Parking direction changed, all planes looking to wall instead of right side. I am sad… Is it a bug or intended? I saw this video 2 days ago and plane facing right side instead of wall on its left. Does it Live Up to the Hype?? | Asobo ATR 42 / 72 - Full Flight Review | Real Airline Pilot | MSFS - YouTube Am i doing something wrong please? I couldn’t check version because only the bundle appears on the list now, nzwn nzaa bundle. Anyone on xbox can please check Ramp 79 Parking what direction planes facing?

Mod note: I changed the title of the thread to bring it up to date- as the airport has been released for over a year.

1 Like

Just fired up NZWN and selected W ramp 79. Aircraft nose is pointing north but the port wingtip of my ATR is lodged in the hangar (which I assume is normal given that it’s not a stand large enough for the type).

1 Like