Flightplan from world map not working - magenta line not drawn

Hi @EngageAcrobat81,
I added “magenta line” to help search results.

With the small number of votes it seems like an insignificant issue and unlikely to be addressed any time soon. Strange, as it impacts a number of areas that’s supports our flying. I really wonder about this voting system.

Luckily the voting system is not the only metric used in determining priority.

I must add, as a result of comments from others, I have been able to work around the issue by assigning a code, e.g., POI2 (point of interest 2) and using a descriptive name to specify the point of interest in Little NavMap. When it comes across to MSFS, you only see the codes for the waypoints but the course lines remain throughout the flight. This is a better result than my earlier experiences.

Asobo still have work to do, in that if you fly to any of the points of interest using MSFS to create the flight plan, and if the name of the point of interest is greater than 7 characters long, it will not show any routing lines in VFR Map or any of the Nav screenes in the planes, e.g., MFD Map displays.

I create route on the world map, and it shows up ok on map. however once in aircraft, and look at vfr map, the magenta route line is not reproduced. this has been happening for a long time. prior to the latest update.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

• Do not use POI with six characters or more in your flight plan

I did not find the fix for this issue as someone was talking about another related issue importing a flight plan and I have lost the thread and am out of time today. So I will just post the fix in case people missed it and or are still running into the bug which can be frustrating. I tested it and it seems to work so for now I will say solved unless I run into it again.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Navigraph Subscription
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
VFR route disappears from VFR Map and also Garmin display. Autopilot will continue to fly the route.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Nothing special to do. It just does it. Was doing a flight from KSAN to KLAS with a waypoints at Lake Havasu and Hoover Dam. Notice that on second photo the distance from KNRS to Lake Havasu is only 8NM.
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?Yes, 99485

Someone posted earlier that POI names with greater than six characters as part of a flight plan will cause the Magenta Line to disappear.

5 Likes

That may explain it, third waypoint is LAKE HAVASU CITY and fourth Hoover Dam. I have update the Garmin which now shows the flight plan.

Thanks for the info!

This worked fine before sim update 3 and did not get fixed with the latest update.

3 Likes

Hi, all PLN files I downloaded from the internet show in my in game avionics. I now have created two PLN files myself and while I can load them in the sim no problem they don’t show in game, neither in avionics nor in the VFR map. I cannot see anything in the syntax of these PLN that differs from other PLN files that show up in avionics. Could anyone please help?
Thanks!
8000ers Nepal.PLN (3.7 KB) 8000ers Pakistan.PLN (2.9 KB)

EDIT: the POIs show in the avionics menu but not the plans

Do these plans include POIs (i.e. cities, named tourist spots, fauna etc) and are they six characters or greater in name length?

You can find them attached above. They include custom coordinates with custom IDs - these IDs are longer than 6 characters.

Edit: sample waypoint:

User N28° 35' 51.42",E83° 49' 14.22",+008500.00 -1

Yep. That’s a recently discovered bug. Make the names less than six characters if you can. For fixed POIs in the sim, there’s no workaround. The AP will follow the route, it’s just the Magenta Line will not appear.

1 Like

Super! Thank you. All sorted now.

MODERATOR EDIT: This post was merged into this topic.

Hi,have a new problem,never happen to me,so the magenta line in the vfr map dosnt show up,or at least shows up only the first time in flight,after that,when i finish the flight and i want to make another one,disappered from the vfr map so i have to reboot the sim to flight again and make the vfr map works again.

Hi all! Some posts were merged into this topic. If yours was one of them, you will need to recast your vote as we can not merge votes. Thank you!

@CAPTAINAS007, I’ve modified your title to include “No Magenta Line” to help in searching topics as we were getting duplicates on this. :wink: Thank you much!

have the same problem, when i create a route just from airport to airport on the world map the pink line shows up, but when in cockpit and accessing vfr map drop down, the pink route line is missing. I am using vr flying.

So let me get this straight unless we get more votes this long standing BUG will never be fixed?

Use short waypoint names amd you won’t have any problems. I think the max is six characters.