Flightsim and FlightAware

Most of you know you can go to FlightAware and see flight plans for upcoming flights and historic ones as well. So today I decide to fly to Seattle from Salt Lake City in the A320n. Take a look at the weather and wind conditions. I had flown into KSLC earlier from Denver so I knew it was going to be a pretty nice day and then your typical clouds west of the cascades and into Seattle (as always). So I plan my flight with a STAR into 16L, forget the name. I don’t plan the actual ILS approach as I wait to get that from ATC. When I get the approach it’s ILS runway 16L via Kenmore. I lived in Seattle for 6 years so I knew the area. Flight went without a hitch. Landed nicely and Seattle looks like Seattle (summers don’t start there till July 4th).

After closing the sim I decide to go to FlightAware and see if any plane has flown the flight in the past hour. Sure enough, a Delta flight had just flown the same exact flight plan, approach and landing as I had just done. This is why I love this flight sim. As real as it gets!!

Btw, not a plug, but Fsimmers has a320n liveries in the marketplace that include a sound package that sounds so incredibly like the real A320neo. I can’t fly the flybywire cuz I hate the sound. But these sounds are incredible on a loud stereo or 5.1.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.