Floating Runway lights - PC & Xbox

Is there any plan to fix this ? Have Asobo acknowledged it as a bug ? Seems to have been an ongoing problem for a long time.

This was my approach into KRIC this morning, first time I’ve seen the hovering lights in the day. Really annoying

Really,

as first as i see is that different parts are there, looks like sim provides via network different parts as we see from your screenshot. It could be some Server issue in my opinion. Shame, after you’ll have this same problem go to Main menu and start new flight there, on parking. What then you can see? Better maybe close sim and start it again but there, where you have problem. Interesting, never had this kind of problems. Now I remember some updates ago (April???) that I had floating runway lights but only maybe 10 feets up than normal.

I have never seen it on any departure at any airport. Any night landing for me looks like that, I typically do alternate servers between East US and Northern Europe depending on whom I’m flying with.

Xbox user here- I have yet to find an airport whose lights are NOT floating at night. Additionally, some airports have no night lighting at all. Hoping for a fix for this soon.

You can go to Toronto intl airport (CYYZ) rwy 23 to see the floating lights.

Honestly, I’m not sure. Haven’t seen much talk of this from Asobo’s side, though I did read in another thread that it might tied to LOD/draw distance issues, so there’s a chance that this might be addressed/fixed in the next SU.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Airport runway lights are 100ft off the ground. Issue not specific to airport. It happens 75% of flights. Issue will at times not happen 25%. I have tried everything this forum has recommended. Night flying is avoided due to this issue. Its been happening since shortly after I purchased the game (2022). I will provide a screenshot.

upon approach at 800ft you notice the runway lights are stationery and 100ft above ground level/elevation of airport. It never happens on departure. Is it a conflict with fluctuating barometric pressure? I always set it correctly eg; 29.92 std. Or, To whatever the pressure is at present time and place. Obviously. I have a Masters in Aviation. I know what I am doing.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Its all airports randomly. Non specific to any ICAO code

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Its a random night occurrence although I’ve seen it during the day.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Xbox S

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I’m unaware of the original build number. It happens no matter what server/build I’m on.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Can this bug be fixed for xbox?

It seems to happen less when you just load in for a quick approach, and more often when you do a full flight. Still happens both ways, and this should be high on the list of priorities.

2 Likes

I encounter the floating runway lights quite often. Hoping this is fixed soon!

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Runway and taxi lights floating/non existant at airports after a night flight

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://imgur.com/a/PI7s4jJ

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

No specific airport. The ones I’ve seen it at is EGCC MaccoSim, LPPT MKStudios and a freeware EGSS (Screenshots provided)

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Cannot be reproduced every time, happens like every other flight. Its as simple as doing like a 1 hour flight and landing at night time.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Radeon RX 570. Intel Xeon E5-2630. 16GB ram. Reshade (Had issue even before reshade was added)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I have no clue, probs current one.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

+1

Seeing this issue as well…only when landing and its intermittent. Really annoying.

On XBOX S -

It’s not often I see runway lights, at all. When I do they float. As I’m on xbox S I can’t change any draw preferences so I’m well and truly stuck with them.
angry face > as this is a basic aspect of flight sim-ing I’m very surprised and disappointed.

Yes,

can confirm again 2 days ago??? standing on Apron and seen that lights up about 3 feets over ground. I did reload flight from Main menu again and then no problem, all was correct so looks like sim issue some where…

Again same situation now,

I did little bit long go around procedures on LZIB to test TBM with new Update. Started with runway lights as correct and after 1hr??? after tests I’ve turned to final and all lights up about 3 feet again, so during session they changed to 3 feet +/- up over ground. Same taxi lines (blue) are visible up 3 feets from their correct position. I expect after go to Main menu and start again flight no problems.

it is not possible to solve the problem of missing runway lights ?this spoils the immersion of the night flight or in low visibility
two examples of two flights made just now: original Prestwick and third party Glasgow scenery both
with edge ,touchdown center line lights off
please fix
Tks

Im using xbox s andxsim uodated to the last version

I was hoping that they would fix the track lights in this latest update, but nothing. Runway lights remain off at landings. It’s unbelievable that they leave this bug unfixed. Do you think that a flight simulator can be sold in which users cannot fly at night because they cannot land since the runway is not visible???

1 Like

I am still having this issue and it sucks that I have always have to fly in daylight to avoid it.