Flooding Catastrophe in NYC

Hi,

Just bought and installed SamScene New York City and took a spin along the coast. And to my horror I saw Rockaway Beach has fallen victim to flooding.

There are no scenery mods active specific for this area apart from SamScene New York City. Shipping and Air Traffic mods are deactivated as well. The only mods I can think of that could affect the area are Bijan’s Season mod and WeLoveVFR Region 2. After deactivating SamScene New York City the flooding remainded. Anyone seen that before?

1 Like

Empty Community folder entirely. Delete Content.xml and restart sim. If back to normal, a mod is suspect.

1 Like

If you have rolling cache enabled, delete it after you do any changes to your community folder. It looks like it’s the Samscene that’s causing it.

1 Like

Thanks. I also expect it to be one of the mods, but I guess I will live with it. Looking for the culprit is time consuming. Was hoping this might have occured before and someone knew which mod could be responsible

Try renaming the community folder to something like community 1.Close MSFS.Restart the sim.It will make a new empty community folder.That way you don’t have to delete everything.Add just that scenery and see if it happens.Add 1 by 1 of the last few and try that.If you find the offending item then delete it. Add the others back and do the off/on process again.Just delete the community and rename the original back to community.

Thanks. I know HOW, but I’ve got some 500 addons in my Community folder. This could take days :slight_smile:
I will try with an empty Community folder and only SamScene’s mod installed. The rest is to much of a hassle for a minor inconvenience. I can live with a flooded Rockaway Beach in the sim.

Edit: just checked: the SamScene addon is not at fault.

A quick check is to also delete and reload your Rolling Cache, after you empty Community folder - you could do it on the same restart - empty the folder, restart the sim, delete the Cache in-menu and recreate, then fly again and check matters.

Thanks. Rolling Cache is not the problem. It’s deactivated. Also deleted the content.xml.
It definitely is one of the mods or addons. I took a guess of several mods that have a worldwide impact and have narrowed it down to four. So this shouldn’t take as long as I feared :smiley:

Ok … got it. For future reference it was the “Project Coastline Enhanced Landing Challenges” mod.

1 Like

I’m sorry man about that, now is it has been fixed. Was due to a crazy polygon that wasn’t even placed there.
Stefano

1 Like

Thanks. Is there an updated version availabke already?

1 Like

Yes man, with few surprises in New York as well

Whales will be added in more locations

1 Like