Flower Fields Netherlands

Many thanks to Microsoft, Asobo and all their contributors for the new program and especially I welcome the BeNeLuX+ France update. Haven’t flown with it yet, but it all looks very promissing. Being fortunate enough to fly over the Netherlands regularly for real, I 'd like to point out that tiny Netherlands is renowned for growing vast amounts of agricultural products.

There are area’s where flower farms especially around Schiphol take up most of the land with colourfull spectacles in spring as a result. Maybe I missed it, but might it be possible to incorporate this breathtaking phenomena or even the famous Keukenhof, a park near Lisse in which these farmers collaborate, as a Dutch landmark? To give you a taste what it’s like I ll added a realworld photo I was fortunate to make. I d like to show more, but not allowed as a newbee. Thanks again.P4180725 - kopie small

It’s already in the BeNeLuX+ France update !

1 Like

Ah great to hear Thanks for the update. Let me see if I can find them myself. Enjoy your flights.

Hey there,
If you don’t find them where you believe they should be, could you please update the top post with locations/coordinates where they are missing? That would be very helpful!

Thanks for your interest.But then it is a very mesmerising phenomenon. I ll try to give you some coordinates. but we are talking large areas where farmers predominantly grow flowerbulps. it is not just a field but many fields next to each other and the variety of flowers and hence colours is stunning.

I would also like to point out that after the bulbs, it is time for the first plants to blossom of which the bright yellow rapeseedfield are abundant in many countries. I 'll add some more pix of that to.

So here is a list:

• List item
    Around Emmeloord ( N52° 53’ 42 " E 005° 43’ 15 ") there would be about 2000 acres.

• List item
    The area around Breezand ( N52° 53’25" E004° 48’ 30") Is supposed to be the biggest area.

• List item
    Next is a triangle in the south: Graauw ( N51°19’45" E004°06’14") ; Nieuw Namen ( N51°17’34" E004°09’36") ; Hulst ( N51°16’55" 004°03’12")

• List item
    The most famous area is around the flowerpark Keukenhof. Noordwijkerhout ( N52°15’44" E004°29’36") ; Lisse ( N005°15’27" E004°33’32"); Hillegom (N52°17’49" E004°35’10")

The area’s correspond with the following map.

And some more impressions of what I have seen over the years:

AirMondriaan(k)

KustVanDeVerassing(k)
Rapeseed Mask(k)
RapeseedFields(k) Rapeseedfields2(k)

The last three show the rapeseed that appears end of may. Thanks for taking an interest in this. The abundance of different colours is what makes these fields so stunning. On a visit to one of the farmers they explained me that about 2 decades of dilligent reproduction are required after the discovery of a new interesting mutation. Almost a lifetime of work. I am hoping you can make them grow faster in Flight sim :wink:

Best regards,

Bastiaan

1 Like