Fly Under / Through Structures

Cool, just makes me one to check I wasn’t dreaming
… I’ll update this with a YT clip so stay tuned.

Recorded at 720p, dunno why it starts with 360p

As you can see only the Pitt may pass and only in the middle section

1 Like

I tried this with no luck. The screen froze at the point of the crash and I could see a couple feet on either side of the wings, so I did not hit the Arc but perhaps if I turned 90 degrees it may have worked?

Also no luck going under London Bridge in a small plane, and it has a lot more room than the Arc!

The H135 fits. The main rotor is about 34’. This is my pass thru on Youtube.

I’m afraid it did not work out quite well with Silver Spitfire under London Bridge… :cat: at least 120MpH but nogo… seems to be caught in a giant spider web…

I remember flying the Grumman Goose under the Willamette bridges of Portland in the last version. Still don’t have enough control to try it in this version.

Sigh … Bridges, LOL !! Oh well, as long as we’re sticking with them…

I’ve never been successful at flying under Tower Bridge. But I can’t say that it isn’t impossible given the right circumstances, as apparently some folks have done it.

And for a bit of clarification to JackLewis1953 's mention of the bridge in Panama: When I tried today I was successful in flying under Puente Centenario (the bridge farther inland), but ran into the invisible wall when attempting Puente de Las Americas (the bridge on the Pacific coast).

Keep ‘em comin’ folks !!

To satisfy my curiosity, I’ve made a lot of tests at Tower Bridge.
In conclusion you can do it with any plane (until it have the size and speed compatible with the bridge).
To success you have to:

1. Deactivate crash detection and/or activate dev mode.
  2. Not trying to pass in the middle of the rectangle but on the sides, no matter if it’s up or down.

Voilà, voilà…

2 Likes

And for the Arc de Triomphe, nothing special, you can fly under with two fingers on the stick and others in you nose :wink:

LOL looks like a grrrravel… :laughing:

She’s my preferred petite chérie in the GG family.
I love her so huge boobs

A quick made first video of the new jewel I found.
Plenty of flyable bridges on roads and water.
A steep-sided river that winds under the sun.
And the magnificent Eiffel’s Viaduc de Garabit.
So much fun in the same area !

Where in the world could you find such a place ?
Que la France est belle !

Merci à toi mv46.
:+1:

You’ll find this scenery here:

1 Like

Someone must have punched a hole in that viaduct now ! I tried to the left first,

Back through the middle passage worked too…

I dont remember at wich date the update came, but if you look above at post #20 the Millau viaduc was already flyable at the end of April.

Structure: Royal Gorge Bridge - Colorado USA

1 Like

Thanks Kinneas2020. While it didn’t quite look the same in my game, the bridge was very easy to zip under…HUGE opening so probably any GA plane will fit through. But what makes this one in particular worth mentioning (IMHO) is the gorge/canyon it spans. Flying low through that thing is like a mini Mach Loop for prop planes!

After barely bumping my way under a couple of bridges I’ve reached the conclusion that speed might be important

I’ll be darned. I guess it’s my bad for not checking it out for awhile. I crashed the C172 trying to go under it and was upside-down at the bottom of the gorge.

Thanks for your post.

So many flyables bridges you can pass under,
at a so nice place,
Really, the flying paradise is in France
:heartpulse:

Return to Garabit
This time with the AIRPAC1 performance mod Stearman and it’s wonderful livery

All bridges need to be able to be passed below IMO.
I shouldn’t be trail & error to to find out if you are able to continue an hour long flight, or if it ends on a badly implemented structure.

2 Likes

Hmm @PZL104 I think it’s kinda fun to have a topic for it and discover good bridges. I agree with you it should be otherwise… of course, it’s a bug actually… but I’ve also had a lot of fun checking out places mentioned here… or submitting a new place.

1 Like