Flying Boat World Tour [FINISHED]

This started way back in FS2004 with a Boeing 314 Clipper. In FSX I switched to a Catalina and now it’s the Icon A5.

Leg #27 Lindeys Landing West - Babb 116NM 1h17 mins

Check out my homepage www.pontiac51.com for the full log and all pictures!

2 Likes

Leg #28 Babb - Lake Newell Resort 141NM 1h17 mins

Leg #29 Lake Newell – Aquadeo 206 NM 2h36mins

Please check & subscribe my homepage www.pontiac51.com to see all the pics!

Been tempted to do a world tour in my A5 too! Good luck on your virtual travels! It’ll be a very long venture!

Thank you! Maybe you want to join in? It is a real experience, especially if you do it online.

I am about 3/4 of the way by now, so I “should” be home soon. :wink:

1 Like

The world tour continues further North. The beautiful little town of Pelican Narrows in Saskatchewan, Canada was the destination of this flight over many, many lakes.

Go to the logbook to read more.

Please leave a subscribe if you want to receive updates on new posts.

It is getting colder and colder on the world tour. I am deep in Canada now, a country beautiful to look at. Little Churchill River, a Lodge for fishing and canoeing was my destination today.

1 Like

Now winter is really here! But I have a new boat to fly, so I was eager to get going. Clouds hampered me the first half of the way, but after that the views were astonishing!

From Ontario over Nunavut to Quebec. Benjamin joined in for the flight and we had beautiful weather to fly in.

Please leave a subscribe if you want to receive updates on new posts.

Farther north we go. Andreas, Benjamin and I flew over Hudson Passage to Brevvort Island, the last stop before Greenland.

Greenland here we come! Benjamin and I left Canada and crossed Davis Strait in a beautiful flight above the clouds.

1 Like

Across Greenland this time with my nephew in the copilot seat and Andreas, Benjamin and Frank in our flying group. Mesmerizing landscape here in Greenland.

Across Denmark Straight with Benjamin and Frank in our flying group. We had to fight for this one through bad weather with heavy winds and low visibility.

To the Faroe Islands this time. Benjamin and Andreas joined in and we had to fight heavy winds and bad weather again. Still we made it in one piece.

You also could have used (83B) Northern Maine Regional Seaplane base I’ve been flying around there in the default Cessna 172 Amphib g1000

1 Like

Finally my MSFS is behaving properly again and I can continue the world tour. I did two flights to Shannon (bad weather on the way). And now there is only one flight left to finish this LONG tour.

Its the very last flight of the Flying Boat World Tour! I would highly appreciate if some of you would join in.

The plan is to start preparation on Saturday, January, 28th at 1200 zulu time. Departure is planned for 1300Z. Flight should take about 2,5h depending on weather conditions. If you don’t have a boat, you can start in Shannon (EINN) and land in Southampton (EGHI).

Flight Plan:
EINN CML SLANY L9 STU Q63 BCN Q63 CPT Y321 PEPIS EGHI

I will check for a Discord Server as well …

Discord Server is GrumpyOldCylinders (GROC). Canotact me via Pontiac51 #7874.

It’s DONE! After many, many hours, with 4 different planes in 3 different simulators the boat is finally home again.