Flying Iron Spitfire UPDATE 1.2.1 - 6/10/22

Looks like a good Update has come down the pipe to make this bird even better . . .

From Flying Iron;

"Today we have released update 1.2.1 for the Spitfire, which includes numerous systems improvements, greatly enhanced start-up audio and a fix for the dreaded cockpit light leaking!

Systems:

• Reverted fuel pump to OFF during cold start
  • Set default pilot to WWII
  • Improved fuel valve logic. The fuel valve can now be toggled with the Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve keybind.
  • GNS430 can now be powered on/off with the COM1 volume button
  • Improved the rudder trim wheel interaction speed
  • Fixed radiator flap not responding to manual override
  • Fixed clock animation
  • Halved the speed of icing
  • Improved the baro knob
  • Wobble pump logic improved
  • Added aileron trim control to tablets settings. Be sure to TURN OFF ā€˜Auto Rudderā€™ in the assistance settings as this is causing major right roll.
  • Base oil temperature slightly decreased
  • Optimized primer animation and interaction code
  • Canopy slide auto-shuts under a steeper angle now, making it easier to open on approach.
  • Transponder digit rolls corrected
  • Fixed checklists by removing incorrect idle/cutoff reference
  • Fixed CTD when saving custom camera views

Flight Model:

• Slightly tweaked performance to compensate for SU9 changes (slightly lowered thrust at take-off)
  • Reduced wheel brake power

Sound:

• Engine starter whine sound re-added
  • New engine booster sound added
  • Added startup pops and backfires
  • Added prop sound when engine is turned off
  • Engine shutdown timing with sound improved
  • Improved groundroll and propwash transitions
  • General rebalancing

Art:

• Greatly improved the cockpit shadows and eliminated almost all light leaking
  • Modified clock arms to more accurately reflect the real gauge

If you have any questions, please contact us at support@flyingiron.com.au or view our help centre at https://help.flyingironsimulations.com/.

Kind Regards,

FlyingIron Simulations

7 Likes

Great bird, really had a lot of fun in this old gal.

But after the update I just canā€™t get the engine to fire - is that just me? I have fuel in my main, fuel is on, checklist has been followed, but when I use the wobble pump, I just canā€™t get the low pressure light to turn off any more. After maybe 30-40 pumps it sometimes go out, but the engine just dry-cranks. I havenā€™t had any problems getting her to fire beforeā€¦

1 Like

Hey there, @SoutherlyBus07. Welcome to the forums. Great to see you contributing.

Now that you are here, please check out the Code of Conduct to acquaint yourself with the rules of the road in the forums. There is also a Forum Guide where you can learn about the various features available to you here.

Again, welcome to the community!

Hi
Since the latest update I notice the control column is no longer grabbable in VR using Oculus Touch controllers.
Iā€™ve tried a reinstall, still the sameā€¦ all other VR functions are as before.
Thanks.

See here for your problem:

2 Likes

I have the plane, not flown it for quite a while. Flyingiron keeps on about this update. Where the f* is it?
Nothing on their website :frowning_face:

Log in on their website, click on the order number in your order history and then click where it says ā€œdownload hereā€.

Alternatively: you should have gotten an email with the update info and the direct download link to your order.

Itā€™s a full download, so remove the old version of the aircraft and copy the new one to your community folder.