Flying Iron Spitfire - Xbox Series X - Can’t Close Door!?

Hey, I’ve just bought this aircraft and it’s great - except for one issue! I can’t figure out how to close the door when the cockpit is cold & dark?

I’m clicking on the door handle and nothing happens. I can’t tell if it’s a bug with the Xbox release or if I’m just an idiot and clicking in the wrong place. I can see the ‘Toggle Door’ prompt on the UI overlay, but I can’t see any area highlighted in blue as if it’s interactive, per the new cockpit control overlays.

Anyone got any ideas?

3 Likes

It may not have been 100% updated to the new interaction system. But that’s only a guess, hope someone has a better answer.

I’m having the same issue on Series X. Door toggle doesn’t seem to work unless it requires an input that isn’t mapped by default and the oil temperature gauge doesn’t seem to work either. Other than that the plane is amazing.

1 Like

Correct. We will be sending update 1.0.3 to Microsoft very soon. Hopefully, the update will be deployed in 2-4 weeks.

1 Like

Thank you Donny :slight_smile:

I love the mod but has this been fixed yet? Because I’m still having them same issue on Xbox s X

We are waiting for Microsoft to process the update. Hopefully it will be available soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! This is an unbelievable aircraft, and absolutely brilliantly done… BTW If you guy do a P-51D with Redtail’s livery option I WILL GIVE YOU ALL MY MONEY!!! Just a suggestion.

A P-51D would be amazing. All the famous WW2 fighter planes would be awesome. Y’know, P-51, BF-109, P-47, Hurricane, FW-109, Me-262. If they are the same quality as the Spitfire, I’d pay 30€ or more for each.

Also I think it would be dope if you could switch the gun sight of the Spitfire on and off. You obviously couldn’t shoot, but it would give it a cool touch imo.

Well, we have the BF-109 G-6, F6F and Fw-190 A-8 in various stages of development :slight_smile:

Regarding the gunsight, we are waiting for the SDK to include some sort of collimation (parallax material or camera tricks).

3 Likes

Great to hear! I’m guessing they’ll be for both PC and consoles?

Ah, I see. I mean… it’s not a necessary feature after all, would just be cool to have. Good to know though!

1 Like

Love the update on xbox so far, really improves the flight model. The only exception being the door not closing. It’s the only downside I have as I can’t complete a startup without it. Is this an issue that only I have? Perhaps I should redownload with the new version.

1 Like

Your not the only one…
Really hope it’s sorted soon…

2 Likes

Yep same issue here with the door on a Series X. Back to departing straight from runways I guess…

1 Like

I thought it’s supposed to be fixed with the new update???

It flies beautifully, sounds great, good that there is a checklist there. Silly that Microsoft still haven’t released any updates sent to them about the door and cockpit not closing when cold and dark. And it’s a bugger to control when taking off (lots of right rudder needed haha) but overall its really great. Well worth the outlay, I think.

Edit:- also noticed that the rudder trim knob doesn’t seem to work on the Xbox either. Hopefully this’ll also be corrected.

Edit 2:- it does work, it’s just me being thick. Haha.

How can I get a refund on this, I am not willing to pay for something that’s broken. I like the model, but not be able to close the doors is pulling me out of immersion to much!

1 Like

It says on the Marketplace that it’s version 1.0.5 but the door issue still isn’t fixed, unfortunately. It’s a minor niggle but frustrating at the same time.

It’s bothering me so much that I doesn’t want to fly it! Just a waste of money. Hope it’ll be fixed soon otherwise I don’t think I’ll ever spend this much money on something I didn’t test first.

1 Like

I have same issue, Door can’t close at cold and dark situation… and now waiting fix bug… :slightly_smiling_face:
and… one more thing… I don’t know why the plane when I started take off and going full throttle, the plane change the direction to left. so I do control so sensitive about rudder for rotate at runway… is this also bug? …