FlyingIron Spitfire - Interesting Handling of Mismatched Liveries

I’ve been used to seeing fellow fliers, who are in the same aircraft but in a livery I don’t have, show up in a Bonanza. In a MP flight his morning I was in the FlyingIron Mk.IX with the USAAF 7th PRG “My Darling Dorothy” livery, and my buddy was in the G-IRTY livery. He does not have the “Dorothy” livery, but instead of seeing me as a Bonanza, he saw me in a “generic” Spitfire livery (lower image).

What’s up? Is it something FlyingIron does differently?

1 Like

Good question – there seems to be a lot of sloppy typos in the Aircraft names / descriptions that could contribute to this.

Maybe its an Asobo matching issue, or a user incorrect setting in the matching options UI.

In any case, I would “expect” a match by Aircraft type to always work no matter the livery. Then, if there is a matching livery installed on a viewer’s PC, that livery for that plane to match.

Certainly, as far as the Spitfire is concerned, some of he aircraft names changed in the 1st update, that cause major inabilities to match between versions.

This isn’t a Spitfire-specific problem, it’s generic to the sim and third-party aircraft. The same thing happens with the DC Designs F-14 and -15. I got buzzed by a Tomcat-that-looks-like-a-Bonanza at 400 knots the other day, lol.

1 Like

I think the thread opener wanted to point out that - while usually if you don’t own the specific livery you see the other aircraft as some generic plane, in this case although the livery was not owned, he was still seen as a Spitfire (which is a good thing). The question is, what is the developer doing different than others.