Flyinside B206 B3 Discussion

lots of new stuff in 2.24:

• Adds new Bonus Livery pack with 27 new beautiful liveries - with a special thank you to Dark Angel!
  • Engine status now correctly reflects over SimConnect
  • Improves ToT accuracy and failure simulations
  • Improved baggage door, seatbelt, and defroster artwork
  • Alternator switch no longer powers GPS when not running
  • Gov switch now animates in response to control bindings
  • Multiplayer helicopters no longer reflect user rotor/doors status
  • Particles no longer appear on all helicopters in multiplayer based upon user helicopter
  • Particle effects no longer appear inside cockpit
  • Blades now start spinning more smoothly during startup sequence
  • Resolves issues with false over-torque warning on load
  • Engine failure dialog no longer obstructs view while in the air
  • Exhaust heat effect now syncs with engine start
  • HSI Glide Slope no longer reversed
  • OAT digits no longer shift around ā€œ1ā€ digit
  • Improved ground handling
3 Likes

I thought Heli Manager will be implemented into the game, like in the version from Marketplace.

Version 2.28 has been released. Changelog:

• Fixes floating door pieces
  • Aligns ToT/Density Altitude calculations to match POH temperature charts
  • Aligns Torque/Density Altitude calculations to match POH charts
  • Aligns Density Altitude calculations to match POH Performance charts
  • Refines increase in Engine Oil temps with Power application
  • Refines increase in Engine Oil Pressures with Power application
  • Refines increase in Transmission Oil temps with Power application
  • Improves temperature change and drop rates when entering and recovering from yellow danger ranges and red line.
  • Adds multi-stage torque failures
  • Adds multi-stage temp failures
  • Supports 2.24 livery pack
  • Fixes Livery Update Notification and Download Linking

This one really shows FlyInsideā€™s attention to detail in their turbine simulation.

4 Likes

These last two updates have been great ones, especially the last one which at least for me seems to have much less of a resource hit than previous versions.

Iā€™m sure I read somewhere that they were planning to do that. Perhaps in a future update.

One small thing Iā€™ve noticed is that on the aircraft selection weights and balance screen, it still shows an image of a fixed wing aircraft on the right hand side. Not sure if this has any affect or is purely cosmetic, but probably needs updating.

Unfortunately, MSFS doesnā€™t allow us to use the Helicopter diagram unless we use the Asobo Helicopter flight model.

It is purely cosmetic as weight and balance works like it should.

Maybe in the future this will change.

Thanks!

RotorRick

6 Likes

The behaviour during take-off reminds me more of a badly adjusted RC helicopter without stabilisation system.
If real helicopters reacted like this, there would only be more injured or dead helicopter pilots. Where is the inertia of an aircraft that weighs over 1000 kg?

1 Like

Has anyone else experienced a non-functioning ā€˜Identā€™ button on the transponder? The arrow cursor changes to the finger but after numerous tries, the Vatsim controller had to give me a heading change for identification. FWIW, the audio panel doesnā€™t appear to function either, although thatā€™s not a big deal at all. A really nice aircraft!

Just wanted to say that I bought this great helicopter a few days ago in the Marketplace and today I finally had time to get some practice in. Was zooming around in the Okavango Delta add-on, practicing cold starts and take offs and horribly failing my landings at 0 % stability settings of course, but itā€™s getting there. I was already a very satisfied customer of the Bell G47 and was a bit perplexed by some of the reviews the Bell 206 got at release time. For what itā€™s worth, this feels like the great quality from the G47 I am used to and it is an amazing add-on for MSFS. Well done!

7 Likes

bit off-topic, but I must mentioned:

We still wait for the little fix that the G47 type is changed, so that it is recongnized as a helictoper and we can start at heli-pads etc. ā€¦ I hope the product-maintance is better for the B206 B3 :wink:

Recent posts by FI suggest a B47 update is imminent in the next couple of weeks.
In the meantime, if you are able to edit the aircraft.cfg file yourself, then just change any instances where it says:
ui_typerole= ā€œPiston Helicopterā€ to
ui_typerole=ā€œRotorcraftā€
Credit goes to Ron over on the FI forums for that tweak.

2 Likes

Is the move away from lvars accessible to SPAD.next a permanent decision?

Right now version 2.12 is the last one that works with my SPAD profile that included bindings for fuel pumps and fuel shutoff switch. Any version never than that doesnā€™t respond to them.

TOT Gauge should show the right value of Temperature on shutdown. So I mean when you shutdown the engine the inside temperature of the compressor goes down slow because the compressor RPM decrises while cold air still sucked in and cool down the engine witch is indicated on the TOT Gauge. While the compressor RPM becomes more slow and finally to full stop, less airflow cool the inside engine compartment and the temperature raises again at about 250 degrees Celsius. Hence the TOT Gauge value increase at described above but finally lowering below minimum 100 degrees Celsius.

Hi, still low FPS in the cockpit. Is there a hope it will be improved?
Cheers

Iā€™m only running at 2080 Super and in VR I can pull 30FPS and around 25 in large cities in VR with an HP Reverb G2. Can you say a bit more about your setup?

Well, comparing to B407 or MD500 this heli has 55-60 % FPS of those.
My GPU is GTX1080 on the screen. Some planes are not optimized (A310).
So normaly I get 30 FPS (limited to 50%) and B206 some 16-17 - this is bad:(

The FI 206 is far from a basic Asobos flight model. It has its own custom flight model that is by far, the most realistic flight dynamics available in any sim today. Iā€™d suggest joining the discord group where you can chat directly with the developers and they can fill you in better than I can.

Based on what?

Based on and I think they mean the developers pedigree as they also make a sim, the fact it runs outside of the sim so not using the MSFS Helo physics, and I think they meant in MSFS, not sure how it stacks up against other sims.

But I own all of cowansims, and the flyinside chopper does fly much better.

Gā€™day everyone,

Iā€™d love to be able to map the circuit breakers, horn silence button and door opening/closing to a hardware switch but I canā€™t find the Event or Variable to do this.

Itā€™s not an LVAR and I canā€™t find a B or H event either (which may well be my fault, Iā€™m not very good at this!)

Can anyone help?

Cheers