Flysimware Cessna 414 out of trim!

The Cessna 414 is very tailheavy. With a balanced weiht of 4 persons (two in the cockpit and two in the first row), you must trim the A/C very much foreward. If you fly with 6 Persons (4 passengers) it gets quite tricky to land the A/C. You don’t need to flare the bird when landing, as the ground effect makes it try to climb again. An instead of pulling a little the yoke, you have to push it. My landing speed is 90 kn.
The solution would be to add weight in the noselocker. BUT there is no option to do the in the flypad !!

I hope, the flysimware team will correct this soon. And adjust the trim for a balanced weight to the T/O position. AND a loadable noselocker.

Hi there,
you’re better off to report and discuss things like that at their discord channel. Momo, the developer is very active there:

1 Like

I tried several times but there is such an unstructered mess, I just don’t understand where to write things like this. I am a meber there, but I can’t use it.

1 Like

A good starting point would perhaps be ‘report-general-bugs’ under the ‘SUPPORT’ section of their Discord Channel.

If that’s not the right place I am sure that someone will just move it to the correct one.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the finer points. The main thing is the content of what you think is still wrong.

Discord isn’t really that much different to the forum here and the more you post the more you will probably enjoy it. Plus you will have direct communication a lot of the time with the developer himself/herself. :slightly_smiling_face:

report-dynamic-bugs or report-general-bugs
and they’ll find You

The link brings you right to general bugs, that’s where I would post it

honestly, i think this has been discussed recently in their discord server (trust me, i agree it’s a mess and completely forgivable to have not found this).

bottom line, things changed with w&b when the dev moved pax and cargo loading to the efb. i believe he’s working on a solution to manage all of it from the efb but for now your issue is that the plane is loading weight in the efb and the cg is changing. once you’ve loaded the plane in the efb, open the stock w&b page in the sim and shift your cg so it’s more centered. i was berated in their discord for recommending this but unless you do this, you’re going hard nose up on takeoff with no indication how to set trim.

W&B was discussed at length yesterday on a Discord stream. The new functionality is going to be pretty amazing. The owner of the aircraft being modelled was present as well; he reiterated that the real aircraft has an aft CG and that baggage or passengers in the far aft seats will put the plane outside of the CG envelope. He mentioned that he “normally” carries 75 pounds of ballast in the nose locker to help keep the aircraft more centered within the CG envelope.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you! I found the section thanks to your link.