Flysimware Cessna 414A

I had a problem with bouncing gauges at high altitude before. Turns out my problem was having both mixture and condition levers assigned at the same time on my Honeycomb Bravo. Make sure you unassign everything that is not necessary for the 414.

No, at the lean side of peak, the power drops, regardless of turbo or naturally aspirated.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Flysimware Cessna 414A:

I’ve been flying the C-414 for several weeks. Had a problem with MSFS, all resolved now, everything working normal except the C-414 disappeared from the sim. It’s in community folder with other add-on planes, but it disappeared from my sim. Content Manager sees it but says it’s not installed. I’ve deleted it and did a fresh install but it doesn’t show up in the sim. Since I’ve had this problem with the C-414 I’ve purchased other add-on planes, they all work fine. Anyone have a similar experience?

Is there a way to display wind in the GTN 750Xi? I can’t for the life of me find a function for this.

I don’t have the XI, but the PMS version.
Maybe (hopefully?) they have the same functionality here…

In the map view, click the Menu, where you can then add/change the data fields, and hopefully one of them is Wind.

Anyone seen this or got any tips for GTN750 map/flightplan refresh locks/hangs?
Was doing a flight in the 414 last night and moving map became unresponsive and flightplan unselectable / uneditable. I could get to other menus and things but the screen would not visually update the map or even the NAV frequencies. I could still change those NAV frequencies but it would not display the updated freqs. I ended up doing VOR nav until I reached destination instead.
I think all I did to get it into this state was try to load a new procedure for landing.
Turning off/on avionics didn’t do anything and the bugged state remained.
Feels like I could have done with a ‘RESET’ plugin button/option but couldn’t find one. I’m using the latest GTN750 freeware version.

I’m pretty sure I checked there so I’m not overly optimistic but I’ll check again tonight, thanks!

1 Like

Quick tutorial and flight using the auto pilot in the GNS530 version with the very basic autopilot. I do an incredibly fun but challenging RNAV RNP approach into Raegan International flying down the Potomac between the White House and Pentagon. Love this aircraft!

5 Likes

I’m having a small issue with the 3-way switches in this plane as for example the A/C or the fuel pump switches. Everytime I try to set it either into the up or down position, the switch first jumps into the opposite direction before settling in the correct up or down position. If the switch is already in the down or up position, and I try to set it into the middle position, it works at first try. But if I then try to put it back into the up/down position the switch makes it’s detour into the other direction.
This is with legacy or lock interaction, this doesn’t make a difference.

My state savings keeps turning itself off when ever I load into the sim. Any ideas? I’m sitting at the ramp or gate cold and dark and I hear that haunting voice say “state savings disabled”…

Ok found out how to reboot the GTN750.
I was having more issues with it tonight. It wouldn’t let me change the NAV1 frequency. If you find your GTN750 flaking out, try doing a reboot of GTN. To do a reboot (of the plugin)-

GTN750

1. Hit BACK to get to homescreen
  2. SYSTEM
  3. SETUP
  4. OPTIONS
  5. (SCROLL DOWN TO END OF PAGE)
  6. RESTART GPS (let it reboot)

Hope this helps if you see any GTN750 glitches. You can reboot it during flight and it seems to remember your flightplan. Note: switching it off by main avionics switch alone doesn’t reboot the GTN750 plugin, so reset seems to be only way.

1 Like

The real C414, the ACTUAL one that FSW has modeled, DOES have a mirror in the back.

4 Likes

There is no such thing as a GNS750. It’s either GNS 530 or GTN 750. Perhaps you could update your post with the one to which you actually refer.

2 Likes

Does the 414 have an “owned” mode like the 310? I mean the mode where if you don’t take good care of the plane, it will increase the likelihood of failures… Does the 414 keep track of oil etc usage between flights. Or is the plane like new with every flight you start?

2 Likes

Done. Sorry I don’t use these units much.

2 Likes

quick question : is leaning and turbo behavior in this plane realistic?

In the PC version it’s better - there is a behind the scenes gauge that works for the most part. But in the xbox version no it is not.

1 Like

nice thanks i am on pc

Anyone know if VNAN will be supported in the future? Using the PMS GTN750 add on.
It’s the only inop button I am finding in the cockpit…

Isn’t it up to Asobo, WT, PMS50 or whoever writes codes for avionics, not FSW?
I wonder if there’s any other similar Garmin-equipped GA aircraft that support VNAV. Does WT G1000NXi have complete VNAV now?