Flysimware Cessna 414A

no my HSI capture the vor, thats not the problem. Just the autopilot that refuse to follow it. No problem with the G530

Does anyone know if they plan to add RNAV functionality for NAV2? Actually being able to navigate with VORs using an RNAV would be very cool.

Maybe you can state which GTN750 exactly. PMS50 or TDS?

I’m using the TDS and tested capturing+following a VOR radial without issues. Just start cold and dark at CYVR, take off, tune in YVR VOR and set a radial close to capture.
Autopilot annunciation should show VOR and when activating it, it captures the radial for me.

I think the AP is always bound to NAV1 when using GTN750.

I have the same problems as Schwarzy. PMS GTN750 here.

1 Like

Does the AP annunciation show “VOR” in that case?
What does the FD show, is it visible and does it show the correct indication to capture it?

What does the AP do exactly if you enable it? Does it keep your heading?

Not using the PMS50 for now, so can only blindly guess. But maybe providing more hints on what is actually happening might give a clue.

It looks like there are 2 issues folks have identified related to AP capturing an ILS:

1. The autopilot is able to arm LOC/GS (shows up in small font on the AP display), but it’s never captured. Not sure whether this has been simulated, but apparently going too fast could contribute to the LOC/GS not being picked up.

2. LOC/GS is captured and activated (shows up in large font on the AP display), but the autopilot does nothing in either lateral or vertical space.

For me, #1 happened with the PMS50, while #2 happened with the TDS.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. this is the PMS50.
When I try VOR mode, the AP show VOR, but the plane follow nothing, he is juste controlled by my yoke

Strange things, I am able to use the ILS, but not the VOR…

I have the same observation with VOR as Schwarzy.

I have not yet tried ILS with the latest version 1.3.hotfix. But I had issue “1” described by ucixsonics the two or three times I tried it with version 1.3.

Same problem with VOR for me. Version 1.3.1 and PMS 750 with CDI in VLOC. HSI is ok but AP will not track. To have AP track a VOR radial you have to use APR. Then however you can’t change altitude anymore because as soon as you select VS the AP reverts to ROLL. Reported on their discord already. For me AP in APR is working correctly with LOC/GS.

Man you’re so quick generating these checklists. I’ve got loads of them. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Just need to brush up on my German so I can watch your youtube videos :rofl:

2 Likes

after Patch 1.3 the mixture Lever dont work, especially the EGT dont low or rise you can fly in any Altittude with mixture ritch and the EGT dont change.

I think EGT gauge is still broken. And the Mixture is forced to be automatic, not sure if you should see the levers move in that setup.

Which altitudes did you expect the mixture to be leaned?

before 1.3 i start leaning at 4000ft, and i can climb to 25000ft with no Problems

I get a hint from Flysimware, that this Mod is a good workaround Mixture Behavior Mod for Turbo Arrow, Seneca V, and Turbo Bonanza

This was posted above quoting the patch notes and explains the change in mixture control.

Also for anyone interested I believe this is the best POH available for free C414A POH Pdf | Redcliffe Aero Club

2 Likes

What’s your experience with the download from Flysimware?
I’m trying to download the 1.3.1 fix for the 6th time now since yesterday and all previous 5 downloads failed eventually. Speeds are very variable, mostly in the kB / sec range. I’m from Europe if that makes any difference.

My download yesterday went fine, I think around 3MB/s. Europe as well, don’t think that matters a lot.

Do you have to uninstall the 414 before installing the hotfix, or leave the base model in place?

Just install the new version, no need to uninstall.

But speaking of uninstall, does anyone know how to turn off state saving?
It remembers the state of some items on the EFB, and I’d like to have an entirely clean start instead…

I don’t know how to turn it off, but I noticed that the fuel state is saved / restored as well. I agree it would be nice to be able to turn that off because it’s weird having half the plane’s state restored while the other half is reset.

3 MB/sec is a dream. I’m currently at 170 kB/sec…