Flysimware Cessna 414A

What is the flight model based on then? A rough guess?

I have noticed that the turbocharger is realistic modelled. No change in RPM and manifold pressure when leaning the mixture! Other “turbo” planes already need leaning and get a significant rise in manifold pressure in 8000ft.
Later I am going to test if this charger behaviour stays realistic at least up to 12.000 or 15.000ft.

Oh what a lovely plane!
The developers should get rid of that absolute ugly fake-mirror on the rear bulkhead and make that weather radar functional just like that BendixKing radar in the Carenado Seneca, and voilá we have the new queen of General Aviation! :slight_smile:

And this glowing turbocharger is beyond epic!!

2 Likes

There is a small Phillips head screw to the left of the throttles which is a click-spot. Using that you can hide the throttles etc from allowing you to see the 750’s. Obviously clicking it again returns everything to normal.

5 Likes

It’s loosely based on a real aircraft that has the modelled config so I very much doubt it will change. I happen to like it as is.

Actually it’s not. What you are seeing is a consequence of the auto mixture being forced on in this aircraft to get around sim issues related to turbo charged engine modelling. If you want this behaviour in other planes all you need to do is turn on auto mixture. Waiting for Asobo to address this so it can be done properly.

4 Likes

You might be able to tinker with virtual fuses, and pop one for the second unit. I’ll have a look through the config file when I get home. It took me ages to download 1.9.0 last night, and I never got a chance to fly it, so I’m looking forward to that.

1 Like

1.9 (the latest version) has the new sounds. Happy Flying!

1 Like

This mod may interest you. There also others that clean the exterior and they are spectacular as well.

Yes this mod looks really cool! The German 414A on Flightsim.to uses this as standard interior.

But the pilot and copilot seat must be exchanged to the original white-beige original texture to get a better visual match with the passenger seats, and maybe the panel should be coloured to middle-grey.
I have installed IntelTextureWorks1.0.4 an hour ago as Photoshop 2020 plugin to begin texture editing on this new operating system :slight_smile:

Hmmm… maybe not a perfect solution, but at least the Cessna behaves realistic and the immersion is not getting broken by starting to pull the mixture lever back beginning at 5000ft or so to keeps these props spinning *ggg :wink:

1 Like

That seems to be the case… :joy:

Thank you! Not even close to RL!!!

1 Like

@Sling380 @Flyguy0677 @GamingCat2130

Regarding the behavior of the turbochargers, you may be interested in this mod. Mixture Behavior Mod for Turbo Arrow, Seneca V, and Turbo Bonanza

It uses code to fudge the mixture behavior so that if you use a hardware lever you can treat that realistically (i.e.: full rich to critical altitude) and the software lever compensates to achieve that.

Yeah, my rough guess is that the flight model is a rough guess. :slight_smile:

Earlier efforts seemed better to me.

It’s my understanding, from what I have seen the developer write, that automixture is coded into the 414 itself, which means it doesn’t matter if you have automixture set on or off the the game settings.

That is indeed the case, which is why this mod author provides instructions for disabling that feature yourself when installing this mod.

OK. Thanks for that.

That is 100% correct. That was actually a community inspired change to a .cfg file that was discussed over on Discord, and then implemented in one of the updates.

For those of us who enjoy this aircraft, I highly suggest heading over to the Discord server for Flysimware. Mark (aka Momo) is on the server every single day and responds to just about everything. In fact, I believe the entire dev team is part of the regular group.

This is truly a community-based beta release. Mark looks at all the feedback and responds very quickly. The new sound set is a direct result of community involvement. It’s really great to see this model evolve and improve with each update.

2 Likes

That is pretty much what having auto mixture enabled does. All the mixture lever basically becomes is a fuel on/off control.

1 Like

It’s not the same thing. Auto mixture does what you describe, fuel on/off. This mod still allows adjustment of mixture settings in flight as normal, which is the main attraction of using it. If you don’t care about that then it’s probably not worthwhile to install.

Right so it’s a bit different. So I think what you are saying is it behaves the same up until the critical altitude and then comes into its own above that.