Flysimware Cessna 414A

Other than not doing it, changing the thumbnail size to the smallest can help.

But I have not attached any pictures because it is no longer allowed to post Cessna 414 screenshots. What exactly have I done again?

I count 5 in that post above. If you could make them 50% it would make reading the thread a little easier as they take up much less space.

2 Likes

Yes an enlargable thumbnail would be a great idea! :slight_smile:

No, making them smaller. That’s what the 50% means in this context, half their current size.

The other thing you can do is hide the images behind a spoiler tag.

Hidden text

Like this.
This text will be hidden

The thread will be easier to read, just called it “Images inside” or something. Those who want to see them can, those that don’t, won’t.

1 Like

How can you not know that is untrue? We can all see that you are posting screenshots (again). Please have some consideration for others on this forum.

As @B787Pilot3222 said, start a topic for you on the user screenshot section.

4 Likes

Please stop posting screenshots in this topic which I clearly stated in my previous post.

This is my last warning, if you continue to post pictures I will either hide your post(s) or remove the screenshots.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Hello @Grolbu8146,
I installed this livery and I can select the GTN750. Please shut down sim, delete this livery, download it again and place it again in the community-folder.

1 Like

I really do like this C 414, it’s a masterpiece!
But why does this masterpiece not use the WT technology for the GTN 750 ?
I like flying realistic. And realism contains often an unexpected situation. Probably you get an unexpected runway, when you ask the tower for landing. And so you need the possibility to fly vector approaches ! The transitions are mostly absurd in this situation. The WT technology offers also VFR approaches (direct or vectors).
Do we get a chance, that Flysimware ist implementating the WT tech in this aircraft in future? (like Milvitz did with their Cessna 310).

It uses WT. There are extra liveries for 750+WT since the last update.

Wow! Yes, I saw it. You have to scroll down to the bottom of al liveries.
Thank you JoeJoe for this help!

I wish the avionics choices could be done in the tablet instead of tied to a livery.

9 Likes

Sensible, I should have tried that first, will let you know :slight_smile:

That was brought up in a livestream, from what I understood it came down to if you do it through the tablet all 3 panels have to be loaded which slows everything down and it’s a coding nightmare trying to make sure that only the selected panel is visible and responding to clicks, if you do it per livery so you are only loading 1 panel it’s significantly faster to code and you get better FPS because the sim is only updating 1 panel.

I am prepared to be completely wrong about that though, I was only half listening :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be a problem for the Milviz 310, or the Just Flight Arrows which have those choices in their tablets. To me it is a better user experience choosing in the tablet.

5 Likes

Being Devil’s advocate, you wouldn’t jump into a real aircraft and select your avionics suite on a tablet. So in that respect it’s more realistic the way it is.

6 Likes

I agree with @Sender46. Surely you decide what aircraft to fly before getting in the cockpit so with that comes the avionics that are installed in that aircraft. I don’t think it’s a big deal. At least you have options.

2 Likes

To me it is nicer to have the avionics decoupled from the livery. When I’m choosing a livery in the sim livery menu it has nothing to do with being realistic, clicking a menu choice is not part of the flying experience that needs to be realistic, it is about the outside look of the aircraft, I don’t want to see 3 liveries that look the same in the livery menu but have different avionics. (Edit though I acknowledge it is consistent with how they do it for the 2 variants of 172, glass and steam gauge, well sort of, in that case different variants with similar liveries)

Don’t get me wrong, I own the 414 and like it a lot, just think it would be better to decouple avionics from the livery. It would be more consistent with how other vendors are doing it, Milviz, JustFlight, Carenado all have that in the tablet.

The devs can take my feedback or not, just giving my opinion that it would be better to have that in the tablet.

7 Likes

Aircraft with the same liveries and different avionics is perfectly realistically possible.

I don’t see that there is any particular need to be consistent with other vendors. When it comes down to it, whichever way it is chosen, choosing what you want is only a few seconds at most in the flight simulation experience so I don’t see that it’s a big deal either way.

True enough. But especially when you have addon liveries, the livrry selection screen gets cluttered up fast making everything a bit messy

1 Like