Flysimware Cessna 414A

Doesn’t appear to be up for me (Canada). Still getting the message saying the domain expired. Hopefully they can get their domain and website back under control soon.

1 Like

Hello Guys,

This aircraft looks very nice but before to buy I wanted to have your point of view. Is it worth it at this stage ? Is the dev still working on it or is it an abandonned project that will never be finished ?

I can read here and there that the flight model is not perfect at the moment. Is it evolving in the good way ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback about this aircraft

Yes, yes, and quite possibly yes. :slight_smile:

I don’t think you will be disappointed.

1 Like

I’ve recently said the flight model needs some fine tuning, but I would recommend the product in a heartbeat.

You won’t regret it.

2 Likes

It has hung on to the number three position in the Top 5 Aircraft poll for quite some time now so there are lots of us that would tell you that it is very much worth it.

1 Like

Also, the developer is very active on the Discord channel for the project. If you are a Discord user, you will be able to find a lot of current info there. The link is on the aircraft website.
https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-cessna-414a-chancellor-msfs2020/

1 Like

Thank you so much all for your feedback !! Let’s go for it then :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Grab it. It is fabulous.

1 Like

Whaaooo thank you mates !!

I am only at the very beginning of this adventure but my first quick fly was very nice. I have to learn how to fly correctly this aircaft but my first impression is :

• nice graphics
  • I like the sound so far
  • when the power is applied, the aircraft do not start to roll like crazy, there is a certain inertia that I like
  • take off length was nice and I was not in the air instantly, which is a good feeling
  • and the most impressive to me at this stage : the feeling when flying it is very good.

Just to be clear, I am not a pilot, I never flow this cessna or any other aircraft myself but when I compare to a lot of other same category aircraft in MSFS, usually I have a feeling of flying on rail and the feeling is not really to flight an aircraft. But this one, there is some kind of floating feeling and it provide the real sensation of flight (I mean as far as I can imagine it).
Well done, it is a joy to fly.

I will see when I will have more time fliying it but so far so good, I am quite happy. Thank you again, no regret at all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This one will keep you going well beyond two flights or two hundred for that matter. You are going to enjoy it, I promise.

Or, you told them not to send you email when you joined their site?

The only email related things I could find in the FSW preferences were these, and I have neither ticked:

Even so I received an email from them on June 22nd about a product update.

No I did not select the option to receive info. It was better to tick the box ?

1 Like

Yeah, it seems so. Very exciting to fly it and learn it more. I will read the manual before to go to sleep :slight_smile:

I didn’t tick the newsletter or special offers boxes, since I consider an update notification as neither, but I can try and see whether it makes a difference. Thanks

1 Like

Yes, that is logical, but, as you noted, worth a try…

1 Like

I did some test flight tonight and definitely, one of the best flight model I have seen so far (and probably the best one). What a joy to flight, we can feel the aircraft, that’s great.

Absolutely no regret for this purchase !!
I will try to talk about it as much as I can around me, if it can make some sells, that’s good, the dev deserve it.

One quick question, is there any manual or guide for this aircraft. I downloaded the manual on the dev website, it is a good quick start but that not a detail manual and I would like to find something more detailed. Any advice or link ?
Thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear you are having fun!
Here is a link to a POH that was posted a while back.

2 Likes

I very like the guides with checklists and procedures by @JayDee6281. He has a German speaking youtube channel, too, where you find testflights as well. The procedures for the 414A: Cessna 414 AW RAM - Guide Checklist & Procedures » Microsoft Flight Simulator It is not as detailed as a POH but gives enough inside to make yourself known with standard procedures.

3 Likes

I had a lovely flight in the 414 yesterday evening, from KDCA to KJFK. Once trimmed out it its very stable, and was no bother for me to maintain 10,000ft for the whole ~185nm trip.

Performance on the ground at KJFK was horrendous though, and nothing like I remember. Last year I spent some time doing touch 'n goes there, and also been stalked by another forum member as I was doing so. :slight_smile:

It was pretty smooth back then. Roll on SU10!