[Foot] World Tour Stage 34 - Japanese Islands - X-Cub

World Tour Stage 34 - Japanese Islands - X-Cub

WT-34.PLN (3.0 KB)
Server Stuff:
Comms: World Tour 34 Community Event (https://discord.com/invite/msfs)
Server: West Europe
Settings: All Players, Live Traffic, Live Weather (GameTime 06:00 UTC)
Flight:
Airports: RJKI, RJX8, RJFC, RJFG, RJFY
Aircraft: X-Cub
Duration: 3:00 (Start 19:30z UTC+0)
Other:
Purpose: Flying around the world in light aircraft, flying through the Japanese Islands starting from Okinawa
Group: All welcome, be sensible I enjoy flying not being silly in F16

Previous Events Pics:

4 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

I have a few videos but I realised some people didn’t want to be recorded to I need to remember to record the audio tracks separately and mute those who don’t. Sorry about that guys. I will have to ask next time who wanted to be muted. I do have the video of footy crashing it’s 17 meg where would be the place that’s not youtube to upload it. :slight_smile:

I did make a video of today’s flight and it has most of the usual people in there and I cut all the kids voices out. But i wont link it here just because some people didn’t want to be recorded.

5 Likes

Amazing screen shots, it is always great to see the group flights from different angles :upside_down_face: thanks @KorruptCow

I am not an experienced “YouTuber”, so I only know of the existence of screen capturing (“broadcasting”) software like https://obsproject.com/, but I am pretty sure that it is possible to mute / exclude specific audio streams “per application”. Even the Windows 10 mixer let’s you adjust the volume per application.

Instead of asking each and every individual person whether s/he wants to be muted (how would you manage that with up to 40 participants anyway?) I suggest to completely mute the audio chat (that is, Discord). Discord even let’s you select a (separate) audio card (separate from all the other Windows 10/application sound which goes through the “default sound device”), so that should be possible.

Because it is not sufficient to ask people “up front”: people may join the flight in the middle, and there is no way you are going to keep track about who gave his/her consent to be recorded :wink: (And it would be a lot of MANUAL work to mute them on an individual basis).

Why don’t you just select some pleasant background music? I do video editing myself, and there are definitively some “royality free music” sites (for free). Or simply record the humming engine sounds coming from FS 2020 :slight_smile:

@Steeler2340 - I usually would just do that. I use obs and shadow play. I think some of the people who chat add to the video, funny moments, laughing and reacting to people crash etc. So, it would be less entertaining to see as I don’t chat often. But I will just cut the audio from videos next time. I hate background music in stream videos unless it’s like just chattng etc.

@NeedaRadar NO problems. I will link some videos too at some stage once i work out the whole audio thing.

1 Like

Sharing a few screenshots.

5 Likes

I agree with you on the “entertainment level” and I appreciate the effort you put into these videos (I am a hobby video editor myself, so I know about the effort ;)).

Personally I don’t mind too much that my voice is recorded, but I’d sure appreciate the fact that if someone does that, that it is clearly announced, including its purpose (e.g. “It’s going to be published on YouTube”).

However my point was rather - and I must emphasise that I am not a lawyer :wink: - that you may enter thin (legal) ice here: recording people without their consent is definitively illegal when you do that on a phone call (at least in European countries), and “game chats” is somewhat a “grey area”, but certainly also considered my most to be “private conversation” (like a phone call).

And especially if you have people joining from all around the world you need to take into account all the different legalese aspects of each country (or at least the law where the “server” - e.g. “West Europe” - is located etc.).

In Europe the corresponding law to deal with would certainly be the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

And while I did not find any “hard evidence” in a 30 seconds “Google research” that “game chats” are indeed equivalent to phone calls there is certainly discussion going on about it. The most recent “scandal” involving the Playstation 5 and its “constant recording of (the last 5 minutes or so) of voice chat” (such that users may report abuse to Sony - a good intent, but still…)

How the PS5's Chat Recordings May Be Illegal

" According to Williams, the new feature that allows PS5 owners to record their party chats could break the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which states that explicit consent needs to be given to collect personal information, such as voice recordings."

And there is certainly “discomfort” among players in general, e.g. see discussion here:

Redirecting

Again, asking for consent at the very beginning of a community fly-in event is certainly not enough, as you need to keep track of every player joining “mid flight”. Let alone the manual effort to identify who has spoken at the given moment, check whether that person has given his/her consent and edit the audio accordingly.

Just some thoughts :wink:

@Steeler2340 Thanks for the loads of info, if lets say @FootanMouth mentions on his tour description that {be aware that videos might be recorded and publish on social media platforms e.g. youtube, facebook, instgram, …etc by anyone}…would that be legal enough to enjoy hearing the video chats at a later date? I know you mentioned you are not a lawyer… We are all here to enjoy the tours and our passion for Flight Simulator…We can complicate our joy into endless restrictions/legal requirements, I am just asking for the sake of knowledge and how our world became complicated over years. @KorruptCow Thanks again and I @NeedaRadar dont mind that my voice is recorded during the joy of MSFS2020. :slightly_smiling_face: Lets keep flying and enjoy MSFS 2020.