[Foot] World Tour Stage 75 - USA

[Foot] World Tour Stage 75 - USA

WT-75.PLN (5.7 KB)

Server Stuff:
Comms: World Tour 75 Community Event (Microsoft Flight Simulator)
Server: North Europe
Settings: All Players, No Traffic, Live Weather (GameTime 21:00 UTC)
Flight:
Airports: KDAA, The Pentagon, Lincoln Memorial, White House, Washington Monument, United States Capitol, United States National Arboretum, 3MD4, Chesapeake Bay Bridge, Fort McHenry, KMTN, 7N7, KWRI, Toms River, KBLM, 2N8
Plane: Pitts Special S2S
Duration: 3:00 (Start 19:30z UTC+1)
Other:
Purpose: Flying around the world in light aircraft, USA West to East with the wind at our backs may the sun shine upon us!
Group: All welcome, be sensible I enjoy flying not being silly in F16

1 Like

Okay. I admit. I had to try this on for measure.

The Pitts is a rocket.
Engine with wings.
Deathtrap.

Once I had tinkered with every knob and button to get it started (yes, I did the checklist), getting up and above is no problem.

Getting it down again is when the real trouble begins.

There’s no terrain annunciator.
No VOR/ILS.
No Garmin.

Oh wait!
No flaps.
No air brakes.
No propeller pitching.

Albeit having a stall speed of 52 KTAS, it behaves like a flying brick below 80 KTAS.

From runway 32 (proximity) at Fairview (3MD4):

1 Like

Yeah. I’ll say “amen” to that.

I just tried it out and found it to be a lot of fun to fly but a real trial to land–even in calm winds. Fun, though.
On the upside, it doesn’t seem to have the tendency of most taildraggers to nose over when braking due to the wheels being more forward and the center of gravity further aft. At least I think that’s why.

2 Likes

we will die…
8-(

2 Likes

“Do not apply brakes while undercarriage do not touch ground”

• viking proverb

Had no problem nosing over after applying brakes while bouncing like a rubber ball on the grass runway.

I’m really looking forward to this event. It will be mayhem.

1 Like

hmmm, Pitts special, carnage, crashes, uncontrollable on landing. I’m in, see you in the skies and trees and bushes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Had major issues today with MSFS2020 No video this time :frowning:

2 Likes

1 Like

First time tonight flying in a large crowd, loved it flying with people who know the area and are able to give us a virtual tour.

4 Likes

2 Likes