For those simmers interested in helicopters

Rotor Sim Pilot is looking to develop further helicopters in MSFS, and you have a chance to vote for what you want:

Although we now have the excellent H135 from the Hype Performance Group, it is nice there is further (freeware) planned to give a bit of variety.

It is also sad that Asobo are not doing anything till next year although it is currently No 1 on the Wishlist:

7 Likes

Terrible poor quality helicopters. There is no need for such poor quality. I don’t need a free helicopter accessory. I only buy high quality models. I also pay $ 60-70 for a high quality helicopter model. I hope Mircosoft will start developing helicopters this year and Beta testing will start later this year.

5 Likes

I’d pay good money for a Chinook.

2 Likes

AH64A…

Straight forward flight perfection first please!

1 Like

These models are like a toy helicopter. Not realistically modeled. Rough, distorted. Bad look at him. My opinion is that you need quality. Realistic exterior model, realistic interior cockpit. Have professional helicopters in a professional simulator.

1 Like

I currently fly Bell 407 and UH-1 in another sim. Those would just suit me fine. Move it along, Microsoft/Asobo!.. Please?

1 Like

I agree with this point. My wishes are the following ones prioritized in this order:

• SA315b Lama
  • H125
  • KA32

I don’t know how the quality of this freeware helicopters will be or how it is for the H135. I haven’t tried the H135 because I’m really not interestet in this particular model.

But I hope the developer take time and make good models, not rushed ones. I prefer also high quality models and hope they do so and better sell them for some money instead of make it free and all models have the same behaviour and same flight model.

We will see, but nice to see the great effort. Thank you guys. :blush:

2 Likes

My wish list for me: :heart_eyes:

1. Bell 206 JetRanger B3
  2. HUGHES / MD 500 D / E
  3. AS 350 Ecureuil B1 / B3
  4. EC 120 Colibri
  5. EC 135
7 Likes

The more interest there is in helicopters, the more likely you are to get your desire, i.e. high quality but costly aircraft. This project will stoke such interest, so why are you so dismissive?

Unfortunately, their track record is not impressive, either on time scales or on aircraft quality. With the extra workload they will have over the coming months with XBox and DX12 (and the inevitable problem solving once they are released) and the current problems with the sim in general and VR in particular, it’s easy to see why it’s “Planned” rather than “Started”.

So don’t hold your breath.

4 Likes

We aren’t all rich. That’s my food budget for 6 weeks lol.

3 Likes

Try it. It will take a few minutes to download and install.
If you don’t like it, you can dlete it.
They are also developing the H145.

2 Likes

you clearly didn’t bother watching the video then, it’s clearly stated that it was to showcase what options there was for a future helicopter, considering they are models just to show what will be coming in the future they are very high quality.

3 Likes

Sikorsky S-76
AS 350
Sikorsky S-70
AgustaWestland 139
Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane
Bell 412
Bell 206
Hughes 500
in that order and all in as many variants as possible.
Include LAPD, LAFD, and LACFD liveries

Also would be nice if to have Weebly’s FireFighter X

Thanks for chance to contribute

3 Likes

My favourite helicopter is BO 105👍🏻

1 Like

Mi 17 Legendary Russian Helo

Jorg have actually said (Think was the dev update stream) that he is talking to some people from companies but they are struggling to find a partner/ sort out the legal contracts/ license’s to be legally able to make them.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they have a basic model already made and working flight dynamics and it’s mostly the matter of behind the scene, legal work that is holding them back. The stuff that most people just don’t really know of like this and the marketing side actually takes quite a bit of time and money before ever even get to announce that a helicopter is coming.

1 Like

the flyinside bell 47 is very good.

7 Likes

This is a professional simulator ? it’s a game that’s why it also will be on xbox lol, anything works in this game. jackwagons everywhere now days. why you think they have flying donuts, flying engines,
people flying in groups side by side in A320’s lol. and just wait for xbox to be added on the 27th. and yes i really did see some guy flying a candy coated donut funny as hell, but that’s what games are made for!!! mods. but i have to admit i like this game. here if you want to fly it Flying Donut » Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Likes

I have always believed helicopters are deliberately being delayed until they enhance low level terrain graphics.

2 Likes

Designed for every level of simmer/gamer (novice-hardcore) for a 10-year cycle… classified as a simulator game. Yes… flying donuts through study level aircraft.

1 Like