For those simmers interested in helicopters

ok (gamer- simmer) or it’s whatever you want it to be, i like that.

It’s a wonderful platform designed to put the user in charge of their own imagination.

1 Like

I think if Asobo were this far advanced, they wouldn’t have stated it is Planned (rather than confirming it is Started), and would have been more optimistic about the date. They will certainly realise that putting 2022 as the timeline for the most-wished item would not be popular, and would at least have mitigated it (e.g. by putting “early 2022”) expecting any legal issues to have been sorted by then to get at least one helicopter off the ground.

So no, I am not at all optimistic about Asobo producing the goods any time soon, which is why our best bet is to back third party developers. Those wanting a higher quality product than freeware will provide may like to consider backing the H145 from Hype Performance Group, for example, who are steadily moving forward, and keeping simmers informed of the progress.

4 Likes

I don’t know what’s in the background. It’s interesting to see your opinion. I am very confident that positive progress will be made. The community needs serious, high-quality helicopters. Very good flight dynamics, physics.

The free helicopters shown in the video are reminiscent of game helicopters in a game called GTA. :rofl: :joy: Very crappy …

1 Like

Unless they know what model working on they can’t start, so they are still PLANNING. My comment about having a generic model is just my thinking but we do know that the team is actively talking about helicopters as Jorg said that he has been in talks so we know they are actively on it. I think it’s worth mentioning Asobo don’t aim for study level. Nor do they sell them at study level prices. Their planes are some of cheapest on the marketplace. The aircraft are some of the best seen as standard in a simulator. The whole purpose of the 3rd market is to sell high quality products. Asobo are selling products that will please the widest audience and accessible.

I tried out the H135 and no matter what did, with keyboard and mouse (which is only set up can do given disability) it never flew well so I can’t say I have faith in them. I do hope their models improve however.

Since the H135 has come out a few months ago, I’ve hardly flown a plane since, the planes seem boring now. They are a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Hype Design Group H 135 helicopter is zero in terms of realism. The flight dynamics of the developer’s helicopter, the physics of the helicopter, is reminiscent of a toy helicopter. I am confident that the team will provide the EC 145 helicopter with more realistic flight dynamics and physics.

FlyInside development team Bell 47 helicopter has very good flight characteristics. My pilot friend said the helicopter has realistic flight characteristics.

3 Likes

The purpose of the available helicopters is to give users something, even if it’s a Band-Aid and not up to proper standards. The future of helicopters and low level flight is definitely bright.

So much negativity in almost every post… Cheer up.

5 Likes

That is not the case. Asobo wants to outsource all helicopters and gliders physics and flight model to some other developer that is competent as currently there is nobody on the Asobo team that has an idea about any of that. They have not even started, hence 2022 is the minimum. They found a partner for gliders but not yet for helicopters. So they are in a very very early planning process (looking for a partner). Asobo will just do 3d models with animations and outsource the rest (same as Junkers or ATR).

We all want Airwolf. The Bell 222

Well I for one am happy for Rotor Sim’s choppers.High performances’ HP135 is a very good Heli considering it is freeware and has had a lot of work done to it.These people do it for the love of Sims.I’m sure the majority of people will agree with me as well.Respect the opinion of those happy to wait and PAY for a chopper.Everyone has the option.Just be a bit more respectful of the others please!

7 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDX9wyinlD4

1 Like

Yep.H/P payware to come.Will be interesting to see the difference from their 135…

This is from the PDF.

EARLY ACCESS PRE-ORDERS OPEN NOW
During our early access period we are offering a bundle including the base H145
package and the luxury and military variants for only $35 EUR.
Following our early access period the H145 bundle package will increase in cost and the
base package and variants will be offered for purchase separately at a to be determined
cost. These variants do not just include visual model changes and will also have
increased functionality once released.

On their website they have it at 42.99 USD which is 57.88 AUD.My price.I have to think long and hard for that price.Will continue to watch them closely!!

Definitely a Seaking

Many of us remember those Halcyon days when several noteworthy Crafters were producing well rendered Aircraft and Scenery for FSX Gold.
This was done with no monetary cost to the Community but required a great input of time and talented effort on their part.
We’re hoping that David Maltby, Rick Piper and so many others will bring their creations to MSFS 2020 and in so doing will receive a just reward this time around.
What Hyper Performance Group have done in providing us with the Freeware Airbus is surely in the Spirit of those early Crafting Pioneers.
HPG ask nothing more than an enthusiastic Response from the Community for this superlative Helicopter.
With the imminent arrival of the H145 with it’s improvements and increased Fidelity these talented Guy’s will deserve a just reward for their efforts because they’ve surely run that ‘Extra Mile’ for us.

Regards to All.

4 Likes

We desperately need some more helis in the sim but I would rather wait until they work properly. The Bell 47 is great and actually requires some care and attention to fly - comparable to the flight model seen on the DCS UH-1 in terms of the dangers of flying rotary.

The H135 even on highest ‘realism’ dev build is a toy to fly with no cares in the world. I took it out a few days ago and blasted it around like some Star Wars hover vehicle. Yes it was fun, but it is definitely not a helicopter.

We need more rotary but it would be nice if they had decent flight models.

3 Likes

We absolutely agree with your Post in that we need more Helicopters with authentic Flight Dynamics.
The restrictions that are presently imposed on Developers has been addressed by this Group in their statement,…

Keep in mind that the engine for MSFS 2020 , isn’t yet built for helicopters , so you’re not going to experience a 1:1 simulation of the chopper pilot experience, but it’s the best out there, and ■■■■ impressive what this team has been able to put together given the current restraints.

Regards.

1 Like