Force feedback support

Interesting do you know how FS Playground compares to xpforce plugin?

Hi there,

Never used XPF sorry.

I did use FS Force though(P3d) and for me FS Playground performs better. Stable and nicely adjustable settings.

I think XPForce has a free trial mode … it only lasts 15 minutes or something but long enough to test it out and see if it works with your gear.

1 Like

Thanks for info.

I will try to check later time permits…

Where is the force feedback in the MsFs2020???

1 Like

The mod is here: [PSA] XPForce force-feedback will be coming to FS2020!

Maybe later there are Force Feedback coming? I will not buy this sim without force feedback support like all other FS before!!!

2 Likes

Is not really force feedback

3 Likes

Yes MS we want Force Feedback support!!

2 Likes

Yes we need

Ok XPF is not bad. Works similar with FS Playground but for 10 euro more and the extra utilities Offering FSPG I’m not regretting.

But Microsoft can not all push or unload to the third party developer. Force Feedback is responsibility at the present time for a Flightsim and for a MS Flightsim anyway…

Do not forget to vote here please:

Thanks for the interest. Yes, I read it as postponed until he has time. I don’t know when that will be. I was just expressing my disappointment that he had mentioned at first that he was just waiting on the SDK - at which point I bought all my parts for the DIY yoke - then mentions it is postponed indefinitely. I know there is an alternative, but I was really waiting on his software.
XPForce doesn’t seem to return any emails, before and after purchase. I’ve suggested that the program use a fast start when launching MSFS, but no reply. I’d prefer someone a little more invested in their paying customers.

P.S. I appreciate the link above to vote, but this thread has much more votes in it. Can we not just promote this one?

I was under the impression you read that post of his wrong, that’s why i was like “wait m8, he’s still waiting, nothing is cancelled just yet”. Then again, there’s nothing saying that he’ll be upto scrap anytime soon, but one thing is for sure in Russel’s history: he loves flightsimming as much as we do.
So my gut is telling me, he’s not finished just yet… but at least you’ll have the yoke assembly once it hits the market?

Well, the program has an icon which starts up MSFS automatically. (at least, my version is the digital Microsoft store version) Is that what you mean with Fast start?

But, according to N6722C XPF:

“Comes with a very responsive developer, and frequent FREE updates and improvements.”

So i’m sure that Dev is skulking around here somewhere… No clue who it is though.

And yeah, kinda odd to start a new “we want FFB”-thread… but i’m pretty sure both topics are going to be merged soon, once the forum manager sniffs it out :wink:

Kindest Regards,

Steiny

Problem with two threads is they do not merge the up votes.

I meant fast start as in being able to skip all the intro videos. Asobo studios, etc.

You typically do this with adding -FastLaunch to the MSFS shortcut. Like so:

Also, I found the XPForce author. There is a thread there that I’ve posed the question of fast launch. I suggest you go there if you have a question.

1 Like

If you’re referring to the posts by @CONVEEN , they’re not conflicting. This thread is for encouraging the devs to add support, the other thread was to get them to comment on their plans in the live Q&A stream. Right now all we have is radio silence on the subject so it would be good to get the official word on what they plan to do, if anything. Unfortunately voting is closed for that now.

I reached out to Jim on the XPForce thread and he will be including a fast launch in the next version. He was quite quick to respond.

Yes, unfortunately voting is closed on that thread. We’ll need to keep this thread advertised and active as best as we can to ensure we keep voting open.

I have emailed Jim, both before & after I purchased XP-FORCE, and every time he responded within 24 hours … which is one reason, I went ahead and purchased his addon.

That, and the fact it worked well, when I ran in Pre_Purchase evaluation mode, before I made the actual purchase.

If you want non-response from a Force Feedback developer, try asking FS-FORCE for technical support … :frowning: