Forever loading issue after Sim Update 6

I had loading issues with a new addon and a few CTD’s flying around the area when it eventually loaded. What seemed to work for me was to delete a few files in the Local Cache folder.

I deleted "Content.xml“ and deleted all “.dat” files found in the “sceneryindexes” folder. The sim then recreates fresh files on next startup.

Not saying this is the fix but it seemed to sort the issue for me and i’m told its quite safe and common troubleshooting practice for scenery developers etc.

Content.xml and the Sceneryindexes folder are found inside the LocalCache folder located here:

“C:\Users(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache”

ok thats a start.that means were onto something if it works for you too. enabling again makes it freeze so it must be photogrammetry i can turn on everything else and it loads , but when i enable that it freezes the sim.

Sigh, there we go in circles again. If people would at least skim the threads before posting we probably wouldn’t. Guys, file bug reports. It’s not photogrammetry, it’s not airports, ships nor textures, it’s not the moon phase and for most people all the workarounds are just temporarily effective. At least in most cases it would be an issue with the sim and nothing you did wrong, so if you want this to go away file bug reports until we get at least some acknowledgement that it was understood that this is a bug.

1 Like

ive been skimming through the threads these last 2 days , no where did i see anything about a moon phase , maybe that might be it. theres a reason why its affecting certain people, nothing wrong with troubleshooting everything.

well, looks like my sim doesn’t want to load in at all tonight. Even with 10 LOD and online services off

Asobo needs to get this fixed ASAP as it’s become game-breaking (as if it wasn’t already)

2 Likes

ive had success keeping the render scaling below 100. did anyone update NVIDIA drivers recently?? i started having issues since updating , this could be a culprit aswell for some.

I still haven’t managed to load into a flight since updating to SU6. Is there any way to roll back to SU5? This issue that a lot of us seem to be having doesn’t seem to be getting acknowledged at all

2 Likes

This is genuinely game breaking now, after trying for 2 hours today I’m unable to load a flight after attempting all steps described above. Last night I was able to fix it by deleting rolling cache and content etc but today I’ve had no joy at all.

Has anyone here developed a temporary fix for this yet?

1 Like

I really wished there was a roll back feature but unfortunately there is none This sim need a roll back feature just like in windows we have so we could revert any unwanted changes.But as far i can guess there will be none you are stuck with broken updates every time with these issues.

Looks like you haven’t fully scrolled through the topic
First one might work or not

Another is lowering your graphics to low as possible so it could load then change back to your desired setting once it has load the airport

Thrid is deleting content.xml and scenary cache loacted

You have to delete All files with .dat extension

“C:\Users(YOUR USER NAME)\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache”

Hope it helps remember all these are just temporary fix not anything permanent

Drivers can never be always a culprit it the game which behaves like this

Sim has some kind server connection issue in it code that it is not loading properly at some big airports try loading at small less detail airport and check

done all of that no luck , it works for 1 minute then freezes. super frustrated… ive seen people saying this issue could be related to the xbox app aswell. thinking about it now ever since it made me update this xbox app is when this issue started. i love this sim and havent had any issues since launch but after this current experience its really leaving a sour taste

@Jummivana @SeedyL3205

This seems to be affecting more and more people on this and other forums, and the workarounds appear to be only partly effective. I and many others have already submitted zendesks and are waiting to be able to fly reliably.

Any chance one of you two can get a word from the developers on whether this is on their radar, has been tackled internally, and when we can expect a fix?

A word from above would definitely be welcome. Thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Literally wasted hours on this, would be nice if Microsoft at least acknowledged this problem

1 Like

I’ve tried everything. I even went as far as a factory reset of my PC and new install yesterday but I have the same issue no matter what it seems… 100% a bug introduced by SU6…

Its effecting more and people microsoft or Asobo has to acknowledge this issue it now a widespread bug. No reinstall or any fixes work it not issue on your system

1 Like

Not complaining because sometimes I like challenges like this but I spent 19 days after SU6 trying to investigate this and inform people that whatever they may have identified as the culprit is very likely a red herring. Some feedback from Asobo that this wasn’t completely in vain, that they got the message would actually be quite nice.

Anytime someone makes a post about a issue, many others chime in with me too and that is a normal reaction. Just keep in mind that sometimes people have similar but different issues. Some may have the problem anywhere, some may have the problem only at specific places, some may have a mod issue, some a hardware, etc., etc. Keep this in mind especially in this topic.

My problem was the loading a flight from the world map. Last little bit of loading bar takes forever then it hangs there. Can take 25minutes before it loads and you get the ready to fly button. Happens randomly and is not location specific. Happens whether or not mods are in community folder.

I’ve been lucky and it hasn’t happened this weekend. Whether it’s sim code after SU6 on my PC or server issues I don’t know. I just know it started after SU6.

And be as detailed as you possibly can, because the easier it is to reproduce a bug, the easier it becomes to identify and fix a bug.

How are bugs prioritized?

Typically, game-breaking bugs will receive the highest priority, while middle-of-the-road and cosmetic bugs are prioritized based on reproduction & number of times reported. Even if you find a bug that has already been reported, feel free to send in a report to help us prioritize correctly.

For me, after SU6, the sim only loads on the second try… strange…
Loads inside the game are OK.