Forum difficulties

The sim seems to be running quite well for me at the moment, but the forum itself isnt and I wonder if anyone else is seeing similar trouble?

Using both a recent android phone and tablet, the forum often will not load at all or takes forever to do so. Sometimes and quite often, CTD occurs. Does this sound familiar to anyone yet? :slight_smile: For the record, both devices are using Chrome at the sharp end.

The forum is a little slow sometimes because of traffic, servers, etc.

The forum is built by Discourse, and we are technically on a Beta version of the Discourse Forum.

On my PC laptop, the forum doesn’t take long to load. On my mobile device, it is a little slow, but by a couple of milliseconds.

However-If you feel there is a bug in the forums that hasn’t been mentioned before or is marked as resolved and it’s not, please post a reply here: [FIXED] Forum Software Bugs?

1 Like

Chrome crashes?

1 Like

Seems so. This relates to android only as yet as I dont run the forum on PC. I can reinstall Chrome of course, but was wondering if others were seeing similar issues over the last few days.

2 Likes

Have you tried another browsing app?

Not as yet though this is another option. It seems so far that these issues may be at my end so if nobody else is seeing problems, I will do a bit more digging. Thanks for your interest amd support. It is appreciated

1 Like

I use the android and the Firefox brouwser, and it’s loads the forum in no time

Mine did until very recently. I xuspect Bitdefender might just have something to do with it, but will clear a few caches and see if that helps.

1 Like

I’ve been having a significant number of behavior issues with the forum for a number of concurrent days now:

• Using the thread navigation device (tap the thread post count at the bottom right of the last post of the thread) to navigate to a much earlier point in the thread will sometimes not work, but will hang severely at some point in the moving back through the thread.

• The header of the forum will load, but the body hangs with a spinning circle. I have to reload the page a number of times to get it to stop this.

• When composing a post, if I minimize the post to look at the last post of the thread (which I’m responding to) the thread jumps back a number of posts and I have to scroll back down to the end.

• When I return to the forum tab in my brower, the forum is zoomed in significantly, and I have to unzoom to see the whole page.

• Overall slowness.

I know there are other odd behaviors, but I’m not recalling them off the top of my head.

I quit Safari regularly, clear my cache, force reboot my iPad, etc., but the issues persist.

All of this is on an iPad.

I access the forum regularly from my Pixel 4XL using Chrome. Outside of the known functionality issues the forum had in recent weeks (on all platforms, most seem to be resolved), I haven’t noticed any loading issues on mobile.

Ditto for accessing it on my old 5th gen iPad using Chrome. It seems to perform as it should for me.

Much like the sim, it seems that the forum experience seems inconsistent from user to user.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.