Forum Q: How Many Likes Does a Member Have?

Does anybody know how many likes a “member” have a day? It seems lately I am only allowed to like one post before I run out and must wait. Is that normal or is there possibly something wrong with my account?

4 Likes

Can’t find it. And I did not see it sofar… my account has more outgoing likes than yours.
Maybe it’s a new rule ? promiscuous behaviour not allowed in the Code of Conduct (joke)

Simplest explanation: timer. When you go too quick, that is discouraged ? This is to prevent like-spam

2 Likes

Yes, possible. I just liked in time period between liking your answer and now two other posts and got this one after the 3rd like:

I’m a bit baffled here, am I somehow on some limit the whole time and then they give me 3 more likes after 2 hours?

Curious, now I tried liking one more post, it gives me this (fastest hour I have ever experienced :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Yeah they completely gamified this forum ! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: oops what am I saying

Here are the lucky ones :innocent:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/badges/3/regular

2 Likes

Well, this doesn’t seem to have applied to me at all:

Way over all those thresholds, yet still just a member. Perhaps as few of my posts were flagged two weeks back and I got scolded? I am still under some ban that I know nothing about?

Doesn’t say anything about likes anywhere though.

2 Likes

Nope… actually I think it’s not registered, it could be speed. The warning is about speed. Did you put a lot of likes somewhere ? quickly ? btw this forum has some issues in the last week or so… I see a “server error 500” popup on most answer submits… and even image uploads sometimes. Maybe it thinks you put more likes than you did… I have an “Active member” badge as well… last time I’ve seen a vote limit was december 2020 and I’ve never seen a Like limit.

1 Like

That’s about the speed I usually like posts. And got also the error 500 first on the last like I gave.

1 Like

it’s good you bring this up. Mods (techs) should look into these issues. Votes too. These issues are unpredictable… suppose votes would not be counted ! it has been known people did get a vote limit while Active Member.

1 Like

I’m glad they changed this as well as revoking TL3 access from some users. Under the old system, you basically needed to have created 100 topics in order to get TL3. And TL3 rights gave users the ability to not just flag, but auto-hide comments. And this power got abused.

Now you need to be hand-picked by mods and CMs to join that group. And TL3 members no longer have the auto-hide ability, which is a good thing IMHO. And it guarantees I’ll never be let in. And that’s not necessarily a bad thing either. lol

2 Likes

Yep, been bugging me for few days now. Do you have Active Member badge? I only saw I have this and thought I were a Member, hence the thread subject… pretty confusing

1 Like

How about, “How Many Flags Does A Person Have A Day?”
This is getting out of hand.

1 Like

The ‘Out of love’ acheivement is for using up 20 likes in a day

1 Like

This seems weird. According to your profile page your are an active member. However, the thread linked above doesn’t state how many you’re allowed, at any level. (“Votes” as mentioned are for wishlist threads and not relevant here.)

It might also be the case that the message is a bug that shows up on server errors (500, aka internal server error). I’ve seen them pop up a lot the last few days.

1 Like

Ok, good to know. Pretty low limit. I’d give your post a like, but alas, I’m out of love

2 Likes

You’re right, this is mine

Guess… naming misunderstanding ? “Member” needs to be “Active member” when looking at the trust levels list @Jummivana made ? If you click on Active member there, you get the Member badges (=us). There is no Active member badge, you have members and Trusted members. btw I can’t be trusted anyway for reasons obvious to management :grin:

1 Like

Been following your topic. :slight_smile:

It’s interesting you are out of likes because at your Trust Level (TL2), you should have unlimited. Votes are limited until members are TL2.

The forum software was updated yesterday and I’m wondering if there was a change to “likes”.

2 Likes

Thanks, not sure if it’s only me who is affected by this. I tried logging out of the account and back in, jthere was no change, still out of love.

1 Like

Spammed the thread with love, this pop up is my reward …

alloutoflove

…that and I now have an AirSupply song stuck in my head. :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ll ask higher up than me to see there’s been a change. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help!