Forum Q: How Many Likes Does a Member Have?

Well, if you’re “All Out,” you can always make more “…Out of Nothing At All.” :smiley:

This whole forum is controlled by the censors. They want only positive posts. If I post a topic and some idiot is misbehaved, I get punished by the thread being closed when I have no control at all at what others post. I get that reading positive posts make us all feel better, but the censorship really does hide real issues and doesn’t allow people to speak their minds.

Nah, very much looks like an unintentional change that got somehow to PROD servers, I mean the mods didn’t know about it (those censors). There really isn’t any evil conspiracy behind.

I agree it’s not fair, but when the kiddies/crybabies/trolls send a thread spiraling down the toilet drain, the mod’s don’t have much choice. I know there are penalties in place for serious infractions of the Code, but I would hope there’s also some kind of cumulative “infraction” system in place as well. This way, the mod’s would have a way to show a user’s habitual trolling and use that as a way to censure them, or even boot them from the board altogether.

come on, you can in any time flight to kiribaty, and let’s make likes grate again

1 Like

1 Like

Official word is that it’s 20 likes, per day, per user. The number of likes increase per trust level on a percentage of the default 20 likes.

EDIT: The default has been increased to 30.

Those that have reached Trust Level 2 (TL2) will get 1.5x more per day for a total of 45 likes per day. Those that are at Trust Level 3 (TL3) will get 2x more; so 60 likes per day.

EDIT UPDATE:

UPDATE: November 11, 2022

The default number of “likes” has been increased from 30 to 50 per day.

• Trust Level 2 (TL2): Will get 1.5x more per day for a total of 75 likes per day
  • Trust Level 3 (TL3): Will get 2x more per day for a total of 100 likes per day

Excuse me what? So they just decided to impose it like that? Any reasoning behind it?

instead like for your post hehehe

I can easily think of just one, questionable, but logical.

Apparently it’s been that way all along, not a new rule. It’s a default Discourse (forum software) setting.

1 Like

Hmm, alright. And this is something that we as forum users just should know, because (and i had no idea that this is a dicourse forum) this is a discourse forum with discourse rules? I have no idea who came up with this nonsense, but they should be cordially removed from whatever position they have and never let near a public social media forum again.

1 Like

Yeah, youtube has also been experimenting equally illustrious ideas like not showing the likes and dislikes, so that people would be more objective and not swayed by the popularity of the videos. I just had no idea this was a discourse forum and as such have to follow discourse “mission” on how to keep things “civil”. Objectively, does it really work? We were at each other’s throats here, and it has nothing to do with likes.

1 Like

Closing topic as it has been answered.

2 Likes

UPDATE: November 11, 2022

The default number of “likes” has been increased from 30 to 50 per day.

• Trust Level 2 (TL2): Will get 1.5x more per day for a total of 75 likes per day
  • Trust Level 3 (TL3): Will get 2x more per day for a total of 100 likes per day

Is anyone not getting their full amount of “likes”?

Effective 11 November 2022, the default number of default “likes” has been increased from 30 to 50 *per day (TL1 members).

• Trust Level 2 (TL2): Will get 1.5x more *per day for a total of 75 likes *per day
  • Trust Level 3 (TL3): Will get 2x more *per day for a total of 100 likes *per day

*Per day is a 24-hour period from first like within that period.