Forum Suggestion - Adjust color of forum notices to be more "eye catching"

The background color of the forum notices seems to be a little to complimentary to the rest of the theme. Based on tonight’s issues and forum posts asking questions, it’s clear it’s not being read. A more eye catching color might alleviate some confusion and forum noise.

Bright red? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hah, maybe? Or yellow if bright red is a little too much.

Yes, yellow is one that I’ve thought would work in the past. Problem with yellow is that the font color would need changed too.

Good point. I suppose a colored border around the element could work too. The forum is based on Discourse, right?

It is Discourse with some plugins and customizations.

1 Like

Something like this could work?

That would surely get noticed. Wonder if some would have a hard time reading it.

I’ll have to play around in the browsers’ inspector/dev mode.

I’m sure some could have difficulty. I don’t know if you have to deal with 508 compliance with this forum, but if that’s the case, it probably wouldn’t work. At any rate, just a suggestion as it seems the current notices might be too subtle.

1 Like

Hi there, I would have a hard time seeing the text in that color…

3 Likes

Make them …RED so everyone can see them immediately!

Blue just blends in with the main forum colors, and can go unnoticed…we need to know you are communicating with us!

Thanks for listening.

25+ years of web site design has taught me the hard fact that you could have said banners in blinky red and orange bold text with 30pt font, and a large percentage of people wouldn’t even notice it and go create their new thread about whatever problem is in that pinned post.

4 Likes

For me, red would blend in, and blue stands out like a sore thumb.
I would much rather leave as is!!

Absolutely, to be honest i would block such thing with ublock before even reading it.

1 Like

Good discussion here… Those banners are definitely being missed by a lot of people I think.

That’s not a UI problem, that is a user problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.