Found a temporary fix for stutters after SU9

I was trying different things. I found turning the Photogrammetry off in the Data menu fixes the stutters I got.

and you are sure that this “fix” was not already mentioned some million times within the forum ? :rofl:

4 Likes

I didn’t see it mentioned. If it was it’s not that well known.

Very well documented and known since launch. You can absolutely turn it off, but the scenery is horrible as a result.

1 Like

Not horrible, just every other sim out there. :wink:

2 Likes

I reported it to Microsoft. All we can do is wait for them to fix it.

Do you guys have 3rd party software? If so, does anything in particular cause problems?

I have a ton, scenery, mods, add-ons, utilities etc…

No issues on my end, but everyone’s hardware / software is different and configured differently so it’s hard to compare.

Breaking news

1 Like

Wow, so this is still not fixed? I haven’t played the sim in nearly 3 months. The stunning PG scenery IS THE MAIN REASON why I play this over the other sims. If that is not working, then I see no benefit in this sim until that is fixed. P3D and XP do not CTD.

Disabling Photogrammetry didn’t help for me. Still having the same stutters and freezes as before.

What did work for me was uninstalling flight simulator and all the paid addons, folders, and freeware. That fixed it. I had to start from scratch but that’s what fixed it. I renamed and saved the community folder. I deleted the community and official folder. I put the flight simulator on my hard drive and named it Flight Simulator 2020. I then installed the flight simulator into the Flight Simulator 2020 folder on my hard drive. I then installed the paid addons and freeware and everything worked fine.