FPS are lost during long-haul flights

actually I fly with live weather but without live players but only with AI planes. Do you think that makes such a big FPS difference when I turn everything off and only fly with live weather?

Possibly yes, but if so it’s because of bugs and not that traffic is that demanding in itself. I’ve seen posts about similar issues where the FPS graph was basically just a straight line going down and down and down the further he got into a US-AUS flight.

1 Like

I just turned off the live flight traffic and now have plätzlich from 32 Fps back to 60 :smiley: thank you very much

1 Like

Ausgezeichnet! :wink:
Did you change during the flight or start a new one? I’ve wanted to change during a flight several times but I don’t know how, (if it’s possible).

no i have made the setting in the running flight and everything has fit :slight_smile:

what aircraft are you flying?

the standard 787

huh ok how many waypoints, are you using any mods?

i only have the pushback mod and the 787 heavy mod with the pmdg dc6 in my com. Folder

That’s great, but how did you change the setting mid-flight? :slight_smile:

Escape settings-traffic-and then AI traffic from real-time online set to Off

3 Likes

Having FPS loss here during a long-haul too. Started the flight with live-traffic and then returned to all traffic off. Unfortunately, the problem remains for me. This workaround used to work in SU4, but after this patch, it seems to not work anymore. Any advice?

Had this issue in the A320NX on a flight from Iceland to Svalbard. About half way throught FPS dipped to 10, recoveree to 45 for a bit and then dropped to 17 for the rest of the flight. My GPU was running super hot during this time too.

For me it also helped that I set the glass cockpit refresh rate to low. This brings additional FPS

1 Like

I tried this too before you even commented, but it didn’t work. Thanks for the help anyway.

1 Like

Longest flights ive done are in the TBM 5.25 hours without issues.
I have all Traffic to Off at the moment as there seems to be issues with it.

Personal observation - I just completed my first relatively long haul flight SU5-HF2 (I’m mostly into GA) - 2 hours, 300 nm. With about 60 nm before Destination, FPS started to drop by 10 fps, eventually bouncing around 28-30 from a high of 60. This was the Bonanza with Robert Young’s turbo mod and the NXi. I’ll have to try it again with a stock only plane like the SP or the SR-22 and just the NXi.

Just tried this today and it worked! Can’t thank you enough! I then put it back onto medium and my FPS returned. Let’s hope this gets fixed.

1 Like

Long flight too. No live traffic and glass cockpit set low . Reported issue to Zendesk.

2 Likes

Long haul 787 standard. Heathrow to Philippines.

Woke up after 10 hours and fps drops from 35 to low 20s and gets worse.

Turned off all online toggle option, CTD

Back to short hauls again…

Can’t be my rig as before I crashed I switched from ultra to low, same low teens fps.

It’s something to do with azure up in the clouds I think. Pun intended!