FPS difference verification between AMD 5950X and 5800X3D at Haneda Airport (RJTT) 34L straight out flight

A quick read up suggests to me that core type (NUMA or SMP) can play a big role in this even though I have no idea what this means … As you say a restart will fix any mistakes so I may play around with it later.

Ideally I would use a powershell script that mimics SMT for MSFS but still allows full thread recording with OBS … however I doubt it’s that simple.

This is a very simple setting that only allows the specified application to run on the specified core (CPU thread).
The operating system assigns applications to specific CPU threads based on the load status of the processor cores.
If the affinity mask is not set, the application is allocated from all cores.
If it is set, it allocates only among the cores that have been set.

Again, the SMT is the same value and the same setting as the instruction to run only on a specific CPU, because from the operating system’s point of view, it looks like an independent processor core.
Thus, limiting one with a hyper-thread with two logical processors on one physical core would leave the other core with only other (in this case non-MSFS) applications running sporadically.

Yes, it is possible, MSFS is started using a script, and the other applications are “not configured for anything.”
That would be all that is needed to get the desired behavior.

1 Like

Then I shall definitely have another look tomorrow (I’m in Europe)
Thanks again for your superior knowledge

1 Like