Fps drop with real traffic/aig/fsltl

Here is some proof although the image is compressed. FSTL I will loose 5-10fps

TAA

DLSS Quality

I will get more fps in the air.

Atm I am back to TAA.Much better quality on the instruments

Do you got special settings? I think something is lowering my fps.as I get no one frame more in dlss.

Texture resolution= high. Super Sampling 4x. Motion Blur and DOF OFF. TLOD 150/ OBJ 200.
All the rest Ultra. Shadow maps 2048. Terrain shadows 1024.
Back to TAA most settings are now set to high.

1 Like

Yeah, I have been experimenting with DLSS (8086K i7 natural clock to 5ghz, 2080ti with 11gb vram and 32gb ddr4) has shown some ā€œsmoothing,ā€ Iā€™ll just say. Not outright increase in FPS. Glass refresh rate set to low.
In not all casesā€¦but someā€¦turning FSLTL down or off has increased performance.
Sometimes it has no impact or hardly at all.

Every ā€œfeatureā€ added to MSFS or enabled in MSFS such as Real Traffic, AIG, or FSLTL has to use additional CPU processing. This additional CPU processing ā€œstealsā€ the CPU from creating graphic frames for the GPU. Even though CPUs are have many cores and are multiprocessing, there are files that are being accessed and network activity. The CPU cannot create frames fast enough for the GPU. This is why the FPS drops with additional features. Upgrading to a faster CPU wonā€™t necessarily improve FPS due to the amount of network activity and disk accesses.

There are two ways to temporarily fix this issue. One way is to artificially limit how many GPU frames are being processed. If the CPU can send frames faster than 30 per second, limiting FPS to 30 will prevent FPS drops. The other way is to move graphics processing from the CPU to the GPU. By shifting processing from the CPU gives it more processing for graphic frames increasing what the CPU sends to the GPU. The GPU will finish processing the frames driving up GPU utilization.

As long as FPS is GPU limited, no FPS drops will happen with additional features. If too many features are enabled or CPU graphics processing is increased, as soon as the FPS becomes limited by MainThread, FPS drops will be very visible.

Iā€™m glad im not the only one to experience this.

1 Like

Same here on my system, i always fly on Vatsim with FSLTL aircraft models. Offline (=without any planes) i get stable 30 FPS at EGLLv3 and it is super fluid (and looks great btw!).

But when i connect to Vatsim the FPS goes down to almost 25 (depending on online traffic), so hard stutters occurā€¦hm, donĀ“t know, tried to deinstall FSLTL and will check if AI Models from IVAO provide better fpsā€¦or as said in a thread above Simple Traffic could also be better on fps, there is a project to put that aircraft models into Vatsim vPilot, gonna try that, too.

Greets,

Markus

1 Like

Thanks for the hint with simple traffic, gonna try that in combination with vPilot:
Simple Traffic for VATSIM vPilot

Greets,
Markus

1 Like

same for me before latest su 11 beta updates constant 30 fps with aig at 100 percent traffic- now 20 fpsā€¦

12900k 5ghz 4090

So once again a reply from my side.

As i only fly on VATSIM i already tested different types of model matching sets in order to get the correct liveries and aircraft types (i tested FSLTL, IVAO MTL and now Aerosoft Simple Traffic).

So because of your hint i bought Aerosoft Simple Traffic and added the vmr file to vPilot (Vatsim Pilot Client). In my mind the best option concerning FPS and not so hard on frames like other models.

So right now i have mostly fluid approaches in and out of EGLLv3, perfect - thanks again for your input!

Greets,
Markus

Reply to my own post :slight_smile:
What i noticed with Simple Traffic and VATSIM is that the planes are ā€œjumpingā€ while moving (e.g. on their taxi route etc.).

DonĀ“t know if i had that with FSLTL, so anyone else can confirm that?

Found a posting on another forum stating it is a limitation of the MSFS SDKā€¦strange, because i never noticed that behaviour before.

A video to show you the ā€œjumpingā€ sequence:

Greets,
Markus

This jumping has happened for a long time, kaiii3 said it was because the planes cannot track changes in terrain, and this is the end result.

Ok thanks, so that happens no matter what AI Traffic i use, right? Never noticed that before to be honestā€¦

Greets,
Markus

I have that same issue. For example I would try the new KPHX scenery and my frames are locked at 30 and I can unlock the frames and I would be in the mid 40s low 50s depending on where I look at and with no AI. Turn on VPilot for Vatsim and use FS Traffic and FSLTL for traffic. There would be about 7 planes landing and at the airport. I would get a massive frame drops from 30 to 24 or even 15 when looking around in some areas. Then it would go back to 30 after like 15 seconds. Now if I disconnect from VPilot then back to solid 30. Iā€™ve noticed that ai traffic does cause major stutters in the sim even with little traffic enabled. I dont use default ai and I have that turned off. Other airports also have that issue. Major frame drops with traffic enabled even with the FSLTL injector with fairly low settings. Then I would turn off the injector and a solid 30 again.

My specs

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550
Asus Ryzen 9 5900X
EVGA RTX 3070
64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz
EVGA 850W Power Supply
1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4
Viewsonic vx2757
Windows 10

4 Likes

absolutely agree - without fsltl 30 fps constant, after enabling it - after 5-7 mins degradation of fps starts to 20-25 fps - never had it before su 12

Iā€˜d like to chime in here, too. I get stable 60fps without any traffic in the Fenix A320 at any default airport (LOD about 100-150). As soon as any traffic is injected, no matter if AIG or FSLTL, and I look at the respective models the fps go down to low to mid 40s. I also find it odd, that I get a lot of microstutters when panning around in the VC as soon as the fps drop below 45 ā€¦

5800x3D, RTX3080, 32GB RAM

2 Likes

Yes! AI is pretty much useless at this point and except for testing, I donā€™t have any AI on! Stutters are heavy as soon as you have any AI running be it MSFSā€™s own, AIG or FSLTL! In addition, you loose objects because of the number of object limitation so objects start disappearing or never show up (like to cones for Fenix), and then you eventually loose the AI or see them stacked up at one location when you return to an airport (turnaround flights)ā€¦ Hope they fix this.

1 Like

How is it currently on your end? Did it improve? I run a 5800x3D RX6800 and still get some stuttering with on depending on the airport.

I have the feeling SU12 changed some stuff. Check this out. If itā€™s possible with a rtx2060 the average simmer would get even more. Now also at TAA instead of dlss

1 Like