FPS drops in sudden intervals

Good day dear flight simulator community,

I have a problem since I switched to a better system.

First of all, here are my main specs:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 - latest driver version.
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-core processor
32 GB RAM

The flight simulator actually runs without any problems and much better than I expected it to on my old system. However, I have encountered some problems during my flights.

I get during the flight again and again, in irregular intervals, FPS drops. These are not so extreme, I think around 15 FPS. I notice this when moving the camera that the FPS drops and then after a few seconds everything is super smooth again. When landing it is also noticeable when you see how the environment jerks. But it’s always the same game. It jerks briefly then smooth again, over and over again.

I have already tried a few things.

The latest drivers have all been installed. My system is also only as old as the year itself.

I have tried, according to some YouTube videos, the NVDIA DLSS, without success.

I also tried all the graphics settings from lowest to highest, said problems persisted.

Rolling cache was cleared, did not help either.

Internet data as well as traffic completely turned off which also did not help.

I hope here have some maybe still a few ideas.

One of the first things I would recommend is remove any add ons. Always good to just get back to the generic sim to eliminate any 3rd party products.

You’re not alone with it. There are some threads here.

1 Like

Are you actually getting fps drops (are you looking at fps counter) or just seeing stutters and estimating that it’s about 15? I sometimes get stutters at regular intervals too, but without fps actually dropping (just frametime inconsistency)

1 Like

hey thanks for the tip have tried it and unfortunately still the same problem.

I have seen with the fps display that they go down around 10 fps as well as noticed myself with camera movements as well as when I was in the landing approach.