FPS Loss for each World Update Installed

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Upon installing any world update, my performance drops 3-5fps. These stack so if I’m on the ground in KFLL getting 50fps, after I install the Japan World Update and load back into KFLL I’ll get 45-47FPS, if I install the Australian update 42-46FPS, and so on. Deleting the World Updates doesn’t immediately restore the performance but once the sim is closed and reopened following the removal of the world updates, performance will increase the same 3-5fps for each World Update removed.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Install any world update from the Marketplace
Load into an airport with clear weather
Observe FPS on runway
Exit to main menu
Install another another world update
Load into the exact same airport under the same conditions
Observe a 3-5FPS drop in performance

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Nvidia 3090Ti
Intel i9 9900K
32GB RAM
Xbox Controller / Mouse-Keyboard

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Sim Update 9 is when I first noticed as my performance was suddenly terrible (I had all 9 world updates installed at that point).

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

assume you tried restarting the sim after installing the world update to see if that made a difference?

I did yeah, restarting right after download didn’t fix the issue unfortunately.

1 Like

This a common bug that the devs still havent fixed. And gets cumulatively worse with every wu. Luckily theres a fix. Its the photogrammetry cities, not the world update themselves. Simply go to the content manager and uninstall all the photogrammetry cities only. You can sort by individual packages to find them. Theyre very small and easy to uninstall or install. You can keep all the pois/airports/etc. I keep all the wu photo cities uninstalled unless i want to fly there. Then i install, fly, then immediately uninstall.

And yes, uninstalling photo cities requires a reboot to get your perf back.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

This was extremely helpful thanks! Now I can keep the large world updates downloaded and just quickly install the cities as needed.

For anyone trying this out as well, you just need to type “photo” into the content manager search bar and select the box with the bullet points and lines (next to the “Sort by”) and search. You should be able to see each world updates’ package of cities.

It would be amazing if we could individually uninstall cities in regions of the country we don’t fly in but I have a feeling the file structure makes that impossible. In any event this is a great temporary solution!

1 Like

it’s a workaround, not a fix.

4 Likes

Your absolutely right. I do hope this gets fixed as I know many people are flying around with low FPS and stutters and have no idea why…

1 Like

Hello everyone.

The topic was closed as there is already a large bug topic about this issue:
Poor performance on the ground

Thank you for your contribution though.