FPS reduction over time

I have the same problem too in the Flybywire A32NX, the departure is very smooth, then the performance degrades as I descend. The performance at the arrival airport is quite bad. When I depart from that same airport the performance is fine :thinking:

1 Like

For me, it was the live traffic bug. Turning it off and back on fixes it for me.

My cpu usage is very low running between 2-4%. :confused:
During flight my game froze momentarily and then frame rate dipped from around 24Fps to 17-18Fps and cpu usage went from around 20% to 1-4%. Very strange :confused:

Playing on High Settings in 1440P 144Hz resolution.

7980XE@4.7Ghz
GTX 970 Stock
64GB DDR4 3800Mhz CL17

1 Like

Yea it’s true sad

If you have to turn traffic on and off…its most likely a memory leak😔

1 Like

After 6.5+ hours of flight I noticed the redction while being close to land. I recorded the after land FPS at parking and went back to main menu returned to the same location and went back to the normal FPS in high-end configuration

The video showing this: MSFS 2020 Sim Update HotFix2 - FPS reduction after some hours of flight, still happening - YouTube

1 Like

Pff so not cool can we do something about that?:pensive:

1 Like

Nope not really.
Memory leaks are a thing caused by errors in the program code.

The only and the best thing you can do is report this issue to the Zendesk.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Kind regards,

Mark

1 Like

Hmmm I see thx

1 Like

I have applied the suggestion from @gordongreig and really worked out. I saw some other people mentioned it also in other posts.

The reduction was around 2 FPS at most which is a big change vs the original scenario.

1 Like

What’s the suggestion?

This is what I did (I forgot to link the original post on the other thread :slightly_smiling_face: ): and I tested as mentioned in the following post:

I don’t use any AI at all and I’m still seeing this issue albeit intermittently.
FPS drop off at destination airport but doesnt ever go back up.
Is anyone else who doesn’t use AI getting the same issue!?
I’ll start at one airport with fps of 50 and land with FPS of 32.

2 Likes

Yes I’m seeing this quite consistently on the Xbox Series X version - particularly on bigger airliners. Everything starts to get a bit juddery as I descend below 5000 feet and then stutters around until touchdown. I have tried turning ai traffic and live weather off but neither seem to make much difference.

1 Like

Must be a bug. I’m using a PC.
It does seem intermittent though.

1 Like

Yea it’s a msfs memory leak we can’t do anything bout that for now.

I have the same issue! Start with FPS well over 40 and after a few legs of flights the FPS is down to 20 FPS , back at the same airport! I thought this was one of the hotfixes! Guess not!?

1 Like

Note that real time traffic is different to AI traffic - so maybe just check your settings on that. Toggling real time traffic off and then on has worked for me per links above. If you have no traffic at at all, then try toggling multiplayer off and then on.

1 Like

I don’t use any traffic

No live-traffic, no live weather, no multiplayer.
But still got the issue of degrading FPS. Starting on an airport with 50 FPS. Flying around for maybe an hour, coming back and getting about 35 FPS.

2 Likes