Frametime Spike = Stutter, Every 60 Seconds

Sorry I don’t have any help on the 60 second stutters, but some general points…

• If frames are not being delivered in a smooth mannor - I.e. the frames are delivered in bursts every second or so then that’s a GPU load issue.

• If you get microstutters I.e. frame drops for no apparent reason during high frames (usually shown as spikes in CoherentGT draw) then in my experience thats a CPU load issue (but it’s a problem with the CPU utilisation in the sim itself affecting the render pipeline).

My microstutters happen every couple of seconds or so, but it doesn’t mean the CPU is overloaded - just at that point it’s bottlenecked delivering to the render pipeline for whatever reason.

There is a good chance DX12 can fix the microstutters. I’ve aleviated the problem by throwing more CPU at it - I’ve overclocked my 9900K to 4.7Ghz so I can get smooth frames in VR and it works.

I also got better performance uninstalling and reinstalling my GPU drivers - Nvidia custom option to uninstall the driver doesn’t always work for me. I documented the manual way below.

My last tip would be to make sure you use the performance profiles for texture and power management in the Nvidia settings (or equivilent AMD settings).

Oh to test stutters I usually use the Icon A5 in area with no photogrammetry like Donagal in Ireland - select clear weather and turn off all AI / online planes, then you can introduce changes from there.

1 Like